Saturday, July 22, 2006

100 and HELL!!!!


Oh my gosh it is seriously (and I am not just saying this) hotter than Hell in Fresno! No joke, today I think the high was 112 degrees. What is wrong with this place. We were hotter than LasVegas and Pheonix today. It is supposed to stay this hot for about the next 5 days and actually be a little hotter tomorrow! My PG&E bill is going to be brutal for this month. My air is set at 78 and it has been running all day, literally. Until about an hour ago the house kept getting hotter, so the air kept running. The temperature in the house is finally coming down. I can't believe I live here, although in the winter it is really nice except for the foggy days and we do get a bit of rain. I would gladly take a few months of snow over this. At least in the snow you can bundle up and go out and play. Poor Tyler is going absolutely crazy because it is too hot to play outside, and really too hot to do much of anything. Oh well, I will count my blessings and be thankful for my overworked air conditioner. The next week of this brutal heat will just make me that much more grateful for our trip to the Great White North! Yippy only about 10 days.

5 comments:

shannon said...

I feel your pain. But not that much, we don't even have A/C and it's 103 today! But seriously, it's so darn hot...and it's worse for you since it's probably hard to park it at a pool with 3 kids rather than 1!

Proud Momma said...

I remember visiting my cousins in Fresno when I was younger and the heat was horrible! Unless you're in a pool, forget about going outside EVER! I think there is a global heat wave right now becuase Calgary has been 30 degrees + the last few days and without AC that is brutal too...for us canadians!

Nicole said...

It's the same down here. The only saving grace has been the pool and the few days spent a the beach house. Justin's game on Sat night was 1 1/2 late starting because earlier in the day one of the umpires had passed out from the heat and they had to bring an ambulance in. Then a mother watching the game passed out and hit her head- causing it to bleed- and they had to bring them back. Who scheduled this tournament? By the time we played it was getting dark and a little cooler. Of course, Justin could hardly see the ball being pitched to him becasue it was too dark! Atleast we weren't passing out!
Nicole

Julie said...

SUCK! I HATE THAT!

Smith's said...

Hey it could be worse. You could be stuck with a bunch of stinky Germans who don't use deoderant. Oh and they don't believe in Air conditioning. The only relief you get is at the local Schwimmbad or swimming pool. Swimsuits are optional and all the guys wear speedos and the ladies bikini's whether they should or not. It is more for entertainment than for relief from the sun. Oh and Heather I found your hottie at the pool the other day. He was sitting in his speedo with his legs wide open. I couldn't help but look it was so funny.