Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sacramento Temple and Double Ear Infections

Well, yesterday was an adventure. We (meaning about 6 youth leaders) took about 35 of the youth in our ward to Sacramento to go to the temple open house. Kendra, who is a saint, took my kids for the whole afternoon until Steve got home from work. We had a great adventure full of spit balls, someone sharting their pants (actually a little worse), and of course the temple. It was so beautiful, as they all are, but it sits in a beautiful park area on a hill. It is twice the size of our temple here in Fresno. It was a great activity and I think the youth had a great time.

When I got home last night, I noticed that Joshy was coughing a little and really restless in his sleep. He had a little bit of a runny nose on Monday, but I just figured it was teething. Well, he was up about 4 time last night and when he woke up this morning he was so sad. I pushed on one of his ears and he got the cutest sadest face I have ever seen. So, I took him to the Dr. this afternoon and sure enough Double Ear Infection and some chest congestion. This literally came on overnight, so my poor adorable baby is very sad and just complaining. Hopefully we won't have to bad of a night.

On a lighter note I took Tyler to his school today for his Kindergarten assessment. He met his teacher Mrs. Sagouspie (I think that is how it is spelled). He did great on his assessment and is getting more and more excited. He asked me why he couldn't start school tomorrow. We also found out and that one of his best buddies from his pre-school will be in his class. I am very excited, but at the same time sad that he is getting so big.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Please elaborate on the sharting of the pants incident please...and why wasn't this mentioned when we talked today????

Lindsay said...

Poor baby! Hope he feels better soon. I can't believe Tyler is already starting school. Time goes fast!

Marilee said...

Yeah, that's my question. Why was the sharting incident discussed when we talked yesturday and today!

Nicole said...

How was the open house? Did they show you a video and then take you into the temple?