Monday, August 28, 2006

Cleaning Tile

So, normally on Monday's I clean my house, but today was a little off for a number of reasons that I won't go into. Tomorrow I will go crazy and clean everything. What does that have to do with my worst Pet Peeve you ask. Well, in California for some unknown reason (and if we did know it we would all think it was stupid anyway), they think it is practical and stylish to have tile countertops and tile showers. Now, I am totally a fan of the tile shower, unless it is like mine. My tile shower is 4 inch tiles and it is massive. Who seriously just puts 4 inch tiles in a shower it is crazy, with all the grout. I hate cleaning it so much. I go through bleach sticks like crazy because apparently it is also stylish to have white grout. I'm sure a man came up with the whole idea! Cleaning tile sucks! For those of you have had the tile, I know you feel me.

8 comments:

Kendra said...

I feel for you and you know that I do. We have talked about it. I just spent a good half hour cleaning mine, and then when I was all done I just showered off for the day. That is how totally sucky it is to clean thoses showers. I hope that wasn't too much information.

Empey Times said...

Kudos to you Heather, for making sure, even if you do not like it, to have a clean home for your family. I appreciate all you do.

Marilee said...

Is the grout sealed? It isn't so bad once its sealed. The lame part is that builders will put TONS of tile and grout in your house but won't seal it. You have to. It's a bit of a pain but worth it when cleaning day comes around! Good luck with it. I definately feel ya!

Proud Momma said...

AH...my shower is tile too! I hate grout! That's so funny that you don't think about stuff like that until it's time to clean and then it's your worst pet peeve!

Julie said...

I feel you dawg! I hated my tile in my CA house. I think it looks nice but it is a bi*ch to clean! BTW, Mom Empey is so sweet!

shannon said...

I don't know if you've ever seen my house, but my WHOLE house is tile! I am talking large laundry room, whole kitchen, ALL my kitchen counters, living room, entry, both bathrooms have tile floors, tile counters, and tiled showers. I so feel for you, but have you discovered the Scunci Steamer? It will save you time, money, and it works wonders!!! Google it, it's about $60, but you can bust through cleaning the grout and it just uses hot steam to clean it! It's been a life saver. =)

Lindsay said...

I also hate cleaning the tile, but I might hate the hardwood floors more. So far my tile hasn't given me too much trouble, then again, I've only lived her for 2 1/2 weeks!

Miller Time said...

I am there right with you Heater. Our house has the little tiles to. I hate them, first of all they are ugly and like you said all the grout. I found it you spray it down with the tile bathroom cleaner after each use it stays looking so much better.