Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Pleasant Surprise!

If any of you know anything about the beautiful place I live, then you would know that it never rains here in the summer. I really mean never. In 3 summers here, I have never seen a drop. That is until last night! I awoke at about 3:30 to the beautiful sound of thunder and raindrops on my skylight. It was so nice. It has been overcast and cloudy most of the day so far. I'm not sure where the rain came from, but all I can figure is that it has something to do with the higher than normal humidity we've had this week. The only problem with all the rain is that once the sun comes out it is going to be brutally hot. We are supposed to get up to 107 degrees today, plus almost 50% humidity. That is not humid to some of you wonderful people out there, but for us it is really high. So, I am going to be in a sauna soon. Oh well, I'll take it, at least I got to enjoy some rain!

I don't think in January or February I would be as excited about rain, but in the summer it is wonderful!

2 comments:

Kacey said...

Don't you just love the rain after days and days of sunshine? (or in your case months and months) We got a thunderstorm early this morning too at about the same time and it woke me up. How nice that we were enjoying it together in different states. ;-)

Julie said...

Okay, so 50% humidity is NOTHING compared to what we get here, BUT its probably more brutal then it is here because its gonna be 107 there! YUCK! That sucks so bad. I'm glad you got a thunderstorm though, especially because you guys NEVER get them!