Monday, August 20, 2007

The Beach and The Wedding

Two Weekends ago we went down to So. Cal to see my family and go to Laura Christofferson's wedding. It was a fun weekend. We went to the beach with Nana and Nicole. The kids had such a great time. Tyler tried boogie boarding for the first time, so did Brooklynn. Josh willing went in the ocean and it was just a lot of fun. Josh was probably the funniest, when we finally took him down to the water, he took off full steam ahead. He kept running right into a wave and in knocked him face first into the water. I rescued him and thought he would be much more cautious. I was wrong. He went for it again and low and behold the next wave took him out and he went in head first again. After that he learned he needed to be more cautious and so he took off after a receding wave and tripped and went head first into the sand. I was, of course, laughing. It took him a little longer to venture into the water again and after that he would mostly just run away from the waves.


The wedding was fabulous. I didn't get any good pictures of Laura and Kevin, but Marilee and Nicole posted some. I did get some great picture, well actually video's of the kids dancing at the reception. G-man was hilarious spinning on the floor, Tyler was great dancing too. Tyler told me on our way to the reception, "I'm not going to dance," let me tell you that conviction lasted all of ten minutes. Enjoy, the pictures and the video's.


Love was so in the air at the reception. Brooklynn and Ben we can say have never been the best of friends. I remember a few times that Brooklynn would say to me in reference to Ben, "That boy is being mean." or "That boy is bugging me!" They have since grown out of that, but at the wedding Brooklynn was loving the bride and told me how pretty she was and during the first dance she was just so excited. So, I then turned around and she and Ben were in dancing form all ready to dance. It was adorable. Unfortunately I didn't capture that first moment on film, but I did get a picture of them later. I also caught Garett giving Marin a flower he picked out of the flower bed. It was cute.



I also must mention the dress fiasco! Marilee's Bridesmaid dress due to some unfortunate circumstances did not quite turn out as well as she would have liked. Annie referred to it as, "A beautiful disaster!" So mom, with minimal assistance from me set out to fix it. Notice in the picture how gorgeous it turned out. It was not without a very frustrated Janet, and me right next to her talking her off her ledge. Mom, you are a rock star! Marilee you looked beautiful!



6 comments:

Nicole said...

I love th dance vidoes! Besides Laura constant smile the ENTIRE day- the kids dancing was my favorite part of the day- they all had so much fun and were adorable! I'm glad Ben and Brooks made a truce so they could dance! Ry got a pic too, but it's about the same as yours- I love the one of G-man and Marin! I'm so glad you guys came down- the beach was a perfect day!

Julie said...

Oh my gosh! That is so stinkin funny I'm totally laughing my butt off. Tyler is hilarious and G's floor spin is priceless. That was too cute! It made my day!

D and J said...

Loved the video. It made me laugh. I might be a bit prejudice, but I think those are darn adorable kids. It was a fun week. Love you!

Kacey said...

Heather, LOVE the video...too cute and too funny! Tyler's got some seriously groov'n dance moves going on...Looks like everyone was having a great time! You're kids are adorable.
P.S. Love your new family picture in the corner. That turned out great! :-)

Lindsay said...

Great dancing by all! Sounds like a super fun weekend!

Marilee said...

I am seriously laughing my head off right now! Where was I during all this dancing! Garett's floor spins are hilarious but I think Tyler gets the best dancer award! The bouncing, side leg swings while bouncing and best off all the handstands! Seriously PRICELESS!!!! I'm gald you got it on video!