Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Week in the Life of the Empey's

We had a great first week of school. Tyler had a great time. He was most excited to come home and tell me that he could buy hot lunch at school. I think he comes home almost everyday to tell me what the choices were. I have not yet let him buy lunch because I need to put some money in his account. I know, I know I am a horrible mean mother, but I promised him he could this week, just once.


Joshua has kept us smiling as usual. I often find him sitting on the kitchen table sabotaging Ty and Brooks coloring and eating the ends off of the markers or stuck in Brooklynn's booster seat. He has to scream for help once he climbs in because he can't get out. He also is really into trying on all our shoes lately and walking around in them. The flip flops are my favorite. He is also starting to do the cheesy grin for pictures. What a nut.

Can you tell that he loves to torment Brooklynn by the look on his face.

'Say Cheese'

Wearing Tyler's shoes and trying to go the the step with them.




As for Brooklynn, she took it upon herself to change the batteries in the Leapster all by herself, after I told her not to, of course! So, as it turned out she threw away my rechargable batteries. I wasn't the happiest of moms at that moment. Steve told her that she had to go through the garbage to find them. She was less than pleased with that prospect and while she was brushing her teeth we heard her saying, "I don't want to dig in the garbage, I am already clean and it is kucky, kucky, kucky and more and more kucky. Of course Steve and I were cracking up. She did dig through the trash and found the batteries and of course we took pictures of her. She almost fell in she was on her tippy toes as far as she could go. After she dug them out, Steve being the dad that he is 'accidently' pushed them back in the trash. Brooklynn was so mad, 'Dad I know you did, why did you put them back in.' It was a funny moment at any rate!



Brooklynn and the search for the batteries! Kucky!

4 comments:

Kacey said...

CUTE pics...love the ones of Joshua in big shoes. And VERY funny story about Brooklyn- she sounds like a very girly girl, not wanting to get dirty. Love it! :-)

Julie said...

I love Josh's cheesy grin. That is too cute.

Lindsay said...

I love that you made her dig through the trash. Oh the joys of being a parent, being able to make your kids do gross things is one of the best!

Kendra said...

Call me crazy, but little Joshy can't be walking. I'm not there to see it. (tear, tear) He is so darn cute!!!