Monday, August 20, 2007

My Baby is all Grow'd UP!

Well, today was Tyler's big day! He started first day. I have to admit this was much harder for me than the first day of Kindergarten. Seriously, he will now be gone from me for about as long as he is with me durning the day. So sad - at least for me! He was off the walls this morning and could hardly wait to go. We took some pictures and then we headed off to school. Once we go to school and he saw all the kids, I could tell he was nervous! Once he found a few of his friends it helped, but I am anxious to see how the first day went. I helped him find the right place to line up, and followed him into his classroom! He was excited and there are plenty of kids in his class that he had in class last year or played T-Ball with. His teacher is wonderful and I think and hope it will be a great year! I love you Ty!

In front of our house!

On the playground!

Some of the boys in his class. Brock, Carson, Nelson, Beaux

Mrs. Jackson!

Going into his classroom! Man he is so dang handsome! See the nervous smile.

7 comments:

Julie said...

He's so cute. First grade is harder then Kindergarten cause they're gone all day. You'll miss him! Give that handsome boy kisses from me!

D and J said...

Hey Ty, we love you and are proud of you. You'll do so well and just love school. We know you'll make lots of new friends as well.
Love, Nana and Granddad

Lindsay said...

What a cute boy! I can't believe how big he is!

Marilee said...

First grade is definately harder than Kindie! I cried with both my older kids! But, yeah for Ty! Have a great year!

Empey Times said...

Heather, I am so grateful for your almost weekly blog entries, they keep me posted on your activities and help me feel that I am not missing out too much on the kids as they are growing up--way too fast. Good luck Ty in school this year.

Nicole said...

How did the first day go? My kids still have two weeks, but they are getting ready- I think? I hope we can all start getting up and getting ready in the mornging. We have all been so lazy each morning- yikes!

Heather Palmer said...

He's so cute. That makes me want to cry for you though!!! Madi would start Kindergarten this year if we were in Canada and I admit that I'm glad I have her home for another year. Just knowing it's coming up gives me major anxiety. Such mixed feelings about them going off to school - the beginning of their daily independance...but some extra time for us moms. Hmmmm...