Saturday, September 02, 2006

We'll Make it.... I think!

Well, it has been a most interesting week for us here in Fresno! Steve has trekked to Atlanta for work, and then Arizona for a little Guilt Free Golf. I must admit there is a part of me that hopes that he feels just a tinge of guilt for leaving me at home with our 3 beautiful children.

I think we will make it until he gets home. Brooklynn Kay and I have had a couple of run ins. She has become quite bossy and is so stubborn. Today I absolutely lost my cool with her. I had one of those "I'm the worst mother in the world moments." I probably said a few things that were a bit harsh, but we survived. Maybe this time it got through to her - we can always hope. I have been thinking of what Grandma Linda said about her - something to the effect of how Brooklynn can sure have a fit, but that "she has a way of working herself into your heart." I have to totally agree and that is why I didn't leave her in the Target parking lot today.

If there is one thing that Joshua dislikes it is having me go at his hair with the clippers. I had to do a little trim today and boy was he mad at me. For about an hour after he was having clipper flash backs and would start to cry for a minute and then stop and be just fine. He is so cute!

As for Tyler he is being so good. Thank heavens! We bought a 100 piece Spider-Man puzzle today and have had fun putting it together. He is so cute and getting so grown up. He turns 6 next week!

And finally, for all of those Grey's Anatomy lover's out there, I am now officially hooked. Julie has been telling me to go rent the 1st season discs, so I finally did. I love it.


How can I stay mad at her for that long when she really is so adorable right!

7 comments:

Proud Momma said...

It's a love/hate relationship sometimes with our kids don't you think? and Grey's...I'm definitly a lover...just wait until you hit the end of the season, you'll go nuts!

Marilee said...

I have to say sorry for being a tid bit happy that you have days like that with Brooks! Knowing other people have days like that with their kids makes me think I'm not as bad a mom as I sometimes feel. We've had a few knock down drag outs this weekend too! We'll make it! And...glad you're on board with Grey's! I got hooked at the end of last season! Totally awesome show!

Julie said...

I know you have issues with your Brooky but she couldn't be any cuter! I love her! Send her to my house k?

Nicole said...

I'm glad you didn't leave her in the parking lot! I've almost done that a few times. Your dad always told me with the stubborn Justin to just try and direct him in the right way and hope he eventually gets it! Grey's- I'm trying to stay away cuz I know I'll be hooked and I'm already too involved in too many other shows- but dr. hottie makes me want to watch!

Miller Time said...

Heather, her and Caty-lynne sound like they are so much alike. I told Brian it was those Miller jeans not mine. I think they could be best of friends.

shannon said...

You poor thing...having fights with Brookie and not being addicted to Grey's earlier. Lindsay and I started watching at the very first episode last year and we have been hooked since day one! And I do have to say: YOU ARE THE BEST BLOGGER EVER! I check your page daily and I ALWAYS see a new post! And you have 3 kids. Go Heather, rock on wit' cha bad self.

Lindsay said...

I feel you dawg! I felt like leaving Madison in the car today while I went swimming with Josh and Taylor. She can be such a brat sometimes. But then she can be so cute. Alison let us borrow Sleeping Beauty and Madison is watching it as I write this. She knew who Sleeping Beauty was, but had never seen the movie. She was so anxious to start watching. She said, "Mommy, I'm so esited!" (excited) She just kills me!