Wednesday, September 13, 2006

And the Ear Infection Goes On and On and On.....

Well, my poor cute, adorable, smiley baby still has a double ear infection. He was so happy for a couple of days and then plunged back into the whiney, complaining stuff. For about a week I have tried to convince myself it is just his swollen gums that are the problem, but yesterday I finally took him back to the Dr. I cancelled an appointment last week and now feel kinda bad about it. Anyway, he still has (we are going on 5 weeks now) a double ear infection. The kid is amazing because he continues to smile and be happy through his pain and then just has moments of complaining. So, he got to have a big huge thick shot of antibiotics in the office and we go back on Friday for a check. If necessary he will have shot #2 and then they will send us off to an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) Doctor. We are lucky to have a really nice Children's Hospital near by so I'm sure there is a great ENT as well. Isn't it always something? We'll see what happens I guess.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Keep us posted on what happens. Tubes? Does he drink milk? Maybe you should try switching him to soy for a while and see if it helps. One of my friends had to do that and the ear infections finally cleared up.

angie j. said...

Heather I totally feel your pain! It seems like ear tubes might be on the horizon. It totally helped Dylan and I know you've already done that with Tyler. Doesn't make it any easier to think about when your little buddy is so sick! Hang in there.