Monday, November 08, 2010

Mission Memories

I did not serve a mission for our church, we are Mormon, although I'm sure the majority of you know that.  But I guess if you didn't, now you do! Steve did serve a mission.  In fact he served a mission in England/Wales about 15 years ago.  (Wow, that means we are getting really old)  Anyway,  while on his mission he had the priviledge of baptizing two amazing young men, Nathan and Matthew.  Their Mum was a recent convert and Steve spent a lot of time in their home.  Through the years he has often wondered whatever became of them, there have even been times when he has attempted to contact them. 

About 2 years ago I got a random message on Facebook from long lost Nathan!  Steve and I were both pleasantly surprised and even more excited to find out that he and his brother were both still Active in our Church! 

Nathan got married in August to a cute Welsh girl and for a Honeymoon they came to the States in October.  It just so happens that Nathan's in-laws have a home about 2 1/2 hours from us!  We had a chance to take our brood and drive up to see Nathan and his wife Zara.  It was Wonderful!  We had so much fun visiting and Steve and Nathan had so much fun getting caught up!  I was so excited to meet them both and thought Zara was just adorable! 

For me it was like I had always known them both.  It was one of those times where you just click with someone.  I was so grateful for the opportunity we had to visit with them! 


1 comment:

Marilee said...

That is soooo cool and even made me cry! LOL!