Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Disney World and The Tower of Terror

Monday morning started bright and EARLY, especially for us West Coast Dwellers.  A 7:20AM reservation at Chef Mickey's got us up and moving before any of us really wanted to be, but you can't sleep to late when your at Disney World.  The kids had a great time dining with the Characters.  Well, most of the kids, Noah was not so sure about those Characters, he liked them from a distance and was curious, but get to close and Not so much.  The breakfast was fun and after filling our tummies it was off to Disney's Hollywood Studios.  For me this name is hard to remember because way back when I used to work there and it was The Disney MGM Studios.  Anyhow, we were off and rolling for a great day! 


Noah Checking out Mickey Mouse from afar


Let me preface this segment of our post with a little background information.  My kids DON'T DO SCARY, I mean really.  For example, Steve went to Walgreens the night before we left, he had the boys in tow.  I avoid Walgreens around Halloween because they have their Freaky decorations up and my kids freak out.  So, in they go with Josh saying the whole time, "Not scared, not scared, not scared' Trying to convince himself all was well.  It finally got to the point that he was scared and he started saying,'Getting scared, ok scared!'  You get the idea.  My 3 oldest are all like this to varying degrees, the older they get the better they get. 

Ok, so I tell you all that because one of my Favortie Rides of all time is the Tower Of Terror, I remember the first time I went on it, I know that the one at Disney World is WAY better than the one at Disneyland and I love it.  The Tower is at the Hollywood Studios.  Oh, I also love going on it with my husband because he loves it and he gets the greatest laugh while on it.  Brooklynn and Josh had never been on it, Tyler had.  None of them wanted to go, but Brooklynn gave in and said she would give it a whirl, Josh reluctantly agreed to go because while scared of things like that he is still super curious, Tyler DID NOT want to go.  He does not like that ride AT ALL!  Of course we made him go.  It was as great as I remember it, Brooklynn wasn't a huge fan, but thought it was ok, Josh will like it more the bigger he gets, but Tyler still does not like it.  WE, being the AWESOME parents we are and because there was no line late in the day and with a little bit of bribery got Tyler to go on it with us a few extra times, but still he has NO love for my favorite ride.

Including the Tower, our day was great, we hit the Rockin Roller Coaster, The backstage tour, Toy Story Mania, the Car Stunt show (Awesome and a must see), Muppet Vision 3D, just to name a few.  We really had fun, even with our big group and the heat everyone was happy.  Even Noah was a Rock Star and Enjoyed the day.



No comments: