Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So with mine eeenjury I have come to appreciate the blessing of hands. I have been amazed at all the things I have trouble doing or just can't do with only one functioning hand. I have compiled this list for all of us to enjoy.


  1. Picking up my kids, not that I pick any of them up except for Josh!


  2. Putting a lid on a sippy cup.


  3. Making dinner, while possible it is a much more difficult task and hopefully it doesn't involve cutting anything because with one hand it is hard.


  4. Typing


  5. Folding Laundry


  6. Putting Sheets on the bed


  7. Blow drying and styling my hair - impossible. Needless to say I am so hot this week


  8. Shaving one of my armpits, the other one is fine.


  9. Washing the right half of my body


  10. Putting deodorant on the right side


  11. Doing up my Bra, I have come up with another method to get it on


  12. Cleaning, this has been put on hold, but I am going to vacuum and dust


  13. Washing off Josh's glasses


  14. Opening mail


  15. Opening bandaids and gauze, I discovered that today


  16. Fixing Brookies Hair

  17. Helping Josh pull up his pants.

Really I could go on, but I don't want to bore you all to death. Let's just say I am grateful for my two hands and when they work!!!!

5 comments:

Kacey said...

I never wouldn've thought about being able to shave only one armpit. I know I shouldn't laugh but that one was funny!

Nicole said...

I was just going to call you and ask what happened?!! Then I saw the pics below!!!! I am so sorry - I hope you are ok and it will heal quickly. I did the whole one hand thing as a missionary and it was hard! I learned to put in contacts, rinse them and everything with one hand! I had to have my companion wash may hair- crazy!

Julie said...

hahahahaha! I didn't event think about shaving your armpits. Hahahahaha! Glad the stitches are out and your back to full function with 2 hands!

Sherri said...

I'm so sorry coz it looked like it hurt bad.....but then you shared your testimony on two hands and they were pretty darn funny....so it was oohhhh...lol....oooohhhh...lol. And I just thought of one good one! You will have some major beautiful nails on that one hand so have the kids paint'em pink! I would have said red, but that would clash with the bruising and thread color choice. By the way how did the salsa turnout?

Lindsay said...

So sorry about all of your difficulties! We really do take our hands for granted. Just ask Josh B., he currently has two broken wrists.