Tuesday, April 28, 2009

DAMN THOSE MIRACLE BLADES!

WARNING SOME GRAPHIC PICTURES WILL FOLLOW - PLEASE AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH!


I had a fight this week with one of my miracle blade knives. I was making one of my favorite things - Strawberry Avocado Salsa - and as I attempted to get the pit out of the avocado with one of my Miracle Blades everything went horribly wrong and I ended up slicing open my hand. Really it was bad, I mean really bad. Steve came over and took a look and placed a call to our friend who happens to be a Dr. and has been known to do stitches for complete morons like me. Most thankfully he was home, even though on call, and so off we went. I sat on a bar stool in their kitchen while Jeremy pieced my hand back together, Steve took pictures and Talli made sure Jeremy had all he needed. Despite having needles jammed into the wound to relieve the pain it all went well. I was so glad , (note the sarcasm) that I could help Jeremy keep up on his stitching skills since he doesn't use them all that often. 2 or 3 layers of stitches later with 11 of those beautiful things on the outside I am put back together, but still in plenty of pain. My index finger is very bruised and swollen and it is going to be a long couple of weeks before I can function normally with two hands. Thanks to Jeremy for his expertise and willingness to help, it was a huge blessing not to have sit in the ER all night on Sunday!!!

With that her are a few pictures for you to enjoy!










4 comments:

Marilee said...

I seriously get the heebeejeebees each time I look at those pics! YUCK and OUCH!! Glad its starting to feel better!

Amy said...

My sentiments EXACTLY Mar!! Ooooooh!! How in the....what in the....!! So sorry you did that to yourself!!

Julie said...

I was hoping it would be the gaping wound pictures. Talli really needs to get on that!

Lindsay said...

That was totally gross but also cool!