Thursday, October 02, 2008

Tyler's Baptism





Wow, what a busy weekend we had. It was such a wonderful time and we are so proud of Tyler. I think I'll do a little timeline and then post some of the pictures!


Friday: Mom and Dad Empey, Kari, Jason, Jake, Maggie and Eli arrive. Tyler did not know Eli or Kari and crew were coming. When it was time to go get Tyler, Eli and Kari came with us. As we were sitting there and we were a few minutes early, I notice some kids walking down the hall and realize it is Tyler's class. I did not want him to see Kari and Eli. So we hid. He walked by and then when we thought the coast was clear he left his classroom again. This time Kari and Eli sat with their backs to the door and I stood there waiting. I said hi and he starred at the back of Kari and Eli and then went in and finished up whatever he was doing until the bell rang. When he came out and saw Eli his face absolutely lit up. I mean shear and utter delight people, it was so cute. Eli was bursting with excitement too. Tyler ran over to us and gave him a huge bear hug, it was so cute. He gave Kari and hug and then the two of them walked to the car in complete heaven to be with each other. The surprises only got better and later on Nana and Grandad arrived. Nana told Ty that she had something in the car for him and could he help her out. He went out side and saw Auntie Julie standing there, but I don't think it quite registered what was going on. Then he looked at Jackson, Annie and Marin and then he screamed, 'Jack' and jumped into Jack's arms. It was so cute and I think it made his world complete to have even more cousins there. For whatever reason he and Jack are kindred souls and have been since Ty was born, so this was super exciting to have him here. We had a great evening talking and catching up and hanging out with not only one of my sister's, but my Kari too! Yeah, it was so awesome to have them all here. I am so grateful to Kari and J and Mom and Dad Empey for making that brutal long drive and also to Julie for her trek, and Nana and Grandad for helping everyone from my side get here. It made the weekend perfect.



Saturday: The Baptism was at 10 in the morning and it was wonderful. There were 3 kids from the Stake that were baptized and it was a nice program. Grandma Empey gave the talk on Baptism and it was just perfect, she even had some audience participation. Tyler was so happy and I was so very proud of him. I felt so blessed to not only have so much of my wonderful family there with us, but so many of our friends came as well. I really have been blessed with amazing friends here and I wouldn't trade any of you for the world!


The afternoon was spent watching football, eating (of course) and then taking the kids swimming. It was lovely. That night was more of the same and then all the cousins slept over and were up until midnight being silly!




Sunday: We had to say goodbye to everyone except for Nana and Grandad. It was sad, but happy. The weekend went much too fast and I always wish I had more time to spend with everyone.




I am so grateful to be the mom of such an incredible kid and I am so proud of him. I just hope that I haven't messed him up too much and I can continue to teach him all that he needs to know! Love you a bunch TyTy.






10 comments:

Kikibug said...

That is such a wonderful sight to see pictures of Ty's baptism. These kids are growing up so fast.
I couldn't help laughing at the comment about not messing him up too much... I was actually crying about me messing up my kids today and wondering what I was THINKING haveing another one to mess up. (stupid hormones!) I am OK now thought:)
Anyway, Ty is SUCH a good looking boy, no surprise, look at his parents.

Lindsay said...

How fun for it to not only be Tyler's baptism weekend but to also have so many surprises. How exciting and memorable.

Amy said...

Love all the pictures! I'm glad it was such a fun weekend for everyone! The fun surprises and being BAPTIZED!! Miss you guys!

Kendra said...

Yea!! I love the pictures! What a great weekend! Congrats to Tyler. You are a hottie in the family picture Heath! You look great!!!

Kacey said...

I loved reading this to see how he reacted to all his surprises! (reminds me of how our parents surprised us at Disneyland!)

I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend for his baptism. I can't believe he is 8 yrs. old already. Congratulations Tyler!


(oh..and I just wanted to say I'm lovin those sassy red sandals you are wearing!)

Proud Momma said...

cute family Heather! Congrats Ty! How fun to have your family there

Jeni said...

What a wonderful day! Congrats to Tyler, that is really such an exciting day for him. Crazy how he is 8.. time flies eh?!

Leslierush said...

wow I can't believe how old everyone's kids are getting...crazy!

justjen said...

What a special time for your family. My kids baptism days always seem so magical. It is fun to see your mom on here too. Wish we could have seen her. And one last thing...your family is absolutely beautiful! Why is it so hard to connect over a span of just a few miles?

Tirsa said...

Can hardly believe you have a kid old enough to be baptized! What an awesome thing for a Mom to see their kids growing up to be such great guys making good choices. Good job!
And by the way, you look great! Love the red shoes.