Friday, September 26, 2008

Sweet Surprises!

What is it about a surprise that is just soooo joyous. I know some people can't stand them, but I love them and I love them even more when the surprise isn't just for you, but for one of your children. Today, on this beautiful glorious day, my only complaint is that it is still much too hot here, I have three stories of surprises!

  1. This morning as I was lying in bed thinking, "Do I really have to get up?" I heard some noise is the kitchen, some dishes, the fridge opening and closing. I didn't hear any loud bangs or crashes, so I decided to ignore it and stay in bed. A few minutes later I hear, 'Mom, we made you a surprise!' Down the hallway came all three of my kids, with breakfast tray in hand a glass of milk and some very tasty toaster waffles for me for breakfast! How sweet it was! How can that not start your day off right. Even better, no mess left behind in the kitchen!
  2. Tyler is getting baptized tomorrow! He is so excited, but has been sad because none of his cousins were coming. Haha, we totally pulled one on him. We have known for awhile that Kari and Jason are coming, but he doesn't know and now to make it even more spectacular his cousin ELI hitched a ride with them all too!!!! Yeah, I am so excited to see his face when he sees Eli when he gets out of school. I know the thought has not even crossed his mind that Eli could possibly be coming, so this will be awesome. Although, I bet he plays it all cool when he sees him!
  3. Finally, my suspicions were confirmed yesterday, when I found out that Julie and Jackson would be coming and bringing along Annie with them. Also, to throw in a surprise for Brookie, Marin will come up with them from LA and of course Nana and Granddad too. How great is this people. Tyler and has been terribly sad that Jackson wasn't coming and even this very morning asked me again why he couldn't make it. Boy will he ever be blown away.

Yeah, I can't stand all this excitement, it is just too much. My poor little heart is just going to burst out of my chest. Couple all this with the great events of tomorrow and my heart is just full. In fact I am almost get choked up already!

I just want to say thanks to all our family, for making this great already and no one is even here yet. For the long, all night drive, for secret and late planning and for just loving us enough to make it all happen! We love you all too!!!

7 comments:

Kendra said...

So great! That is what it is all about! Wish we could be there! Hope tomorrow is awesome! Get Tyler's face on film for me!

Tirsa said...

Oh, you are going to have a fabulous weekend. I can only imagine how exciting this is for you to see your child getting baptized. What an exciting weekend for everyone. Enjoy it and can't wait to see the pictures.

Proud Momma said...

how fun for you guys! Wow...8 already? he's so old! i remember when I got baptized!

Julie said...

Awww, that chokes me up too! I love surprises too--especially when I am totally in the dark about it with no suspicions! My husband along with JD and Kendra pulled one on me that made me cry showing up for my big 40 birthday. I bet Tyler will love this day and remember it because of the surprise. How fun!

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear...from Julie...that you guys, especially Tyler had a good weekend!! I can't believe he is 8!!! He just turned 1!!!! Congrats on being baptized! Wish we could have been there!

Julie said...

I'm so glad I got to come! I love you and your darling kids! Wish we could've stayed longer!

Marilee said...

Sorry I haven't read your blog for awhile. Still trying to figure out the reader thing since going private. Anywho, I'm glad annie, jack and marin could come surprise tyler and that it was such a fun weekend. Sad I couldn't be there! Love ya lots!