Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Birthday Celebrations!


I am sure this is just one of many posts about the birthday, but it was so fun! Tyler's party started early when Dad picked him up from school early and took him to lunch and to hang out all afternoon. I was against taking him out of school, but daddy insisted and it really made Tyler's day. Once he got home the party continued when we had his favorite dinner, spaghetti and meatballs. It was yummy! I tortured Ty and made him wait and wait all the day long to open his presents and after dinner I thought he would burst, but we had to clean up the kitchen and get the house tidy before presents could be opened. I thought he was going to burst, but the time finally came and I think he liked his gifts. We also had a beautiful birthday cake, made by the mom (that's me), I neglected buying a cake mix, so I decided to make my own cake. I had never, ever made one from scratch and it was sooo very fun! I must admit it was super yummy too and the homemade frosting was to die for. At least I think so.

Mr. Crazy Eyes - the funny thing about this is this is the most un-crazy of all the pics I took! HaHa



His Mound O' Cake, Daddy gave him a very big piece


Earlier in the day Brookie and Daddy tried to teach Josh how to sing Happy Birthday! Steve didn't really think he was paying much attention, but apparently he was. As I was making dinner, he was playing in the family room and singing. Nothing unusual because Josh loves singing. When I started listening I heard, 'Appy Birthday to you TyTy' over and over and over. It was so cute and funny! Lucky for me I got him on video with an added bonus surprise for us all. I hope you all like it! Tater always can get us laughing!






The day was great and I love my boy! In Brooklynn's words, 'Happy Birthday Day to Tyler!'

5 comments:

Kendra said...

Awesome posts Heath! Love Ty! Hope he had a good one. Sorry I never talked to you yesterday, it has been quite crazy. I will try to catch up to you today!

Amy said...

Dear Tyler,
Happy 8th Birthday!! I can't believe it!! I was there for your one year, dude!! And now you're 8??!! Thanks for sending me a baptism invite/announcement!! Congratulations on making the decision to become a member of the church!! I'm proud of you for making good decisions and CTRing!! Hope to see you soon!
Love, Amy

Marilee said...

I've never been a fan of the Happy Birthday "Cha Cha Cha" until now! That was ADORABLE!!! and good job on the homemade cake!

Julie said...

That is so cute Josh! I love that dirty little kid. And I don't know what it is but Ty looks so old and grown up all of a sudden. I'm glad he had a good birthday! Happy Birthday day to you Ty! Love ya!

Nicole said...

The Cha Cha Cha killed me! My kids will be so happy! I have actually been trying to break that habit, but they keep doing it...oh well- I'm so glad you got that on video!