Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Tyler!


I can't believe this day is already here. It has come way too fast and I don't think I am ready to have a big 8 year old. Whether I am ready or not, today is the big day and in honor of my Boy #1 I am going to have to give you a top ten (I am totally taking Julie's idea) list of the reason's why I love my Tyler. I will throw in a few of my favorite pictures of him too.




  1. Tyler has the best laugh! No seriously, if you get him laughing really hard it is infectious and you can't stop laughing because he is laughing. It is a laugh that comes all the way up from his toes.

  2. He is smart! He asks me some of the best questions that I would never have even thought of.

  3. He is a wonderful big brother. He is adored by both Brookie and Josh and is so helpful. He will totally get Josh showered and dressed without help if I need him to - it s so awesome

  4. He has the best eyes, I love his big blue eyes.

  5. He was and still is my best snuggler. He was such a snuggly baby and he still needs to come and climb in my lap for at least one good snuggle a day

  6. He is super creative and is becoming quite a little artist. His favorite things to draw lately are Star Wars or Indiana Jones guys

  7. He is my number one helper. I can ask him to help me with just about anything and he will jump right in and give me a hand.

  8. He is so kind to everyone. I know I wrote this before, but he is always aware if someone is being left out and will try to include them.

  9. He loves his cousins. I love this about him because he really doesn't like that he lives far away from his bestest buddies. Rarely a day goes by when he doesn't ask when we can go to Jack's house or Eli's house or when will we see Spencer again.

  10. Finally, I love Tyler because he is mine. He is my oldest and will forever be one of my babies. Since he was small I have often asked him, 'Why am I the luckiest Mommy?' he always answers back (maybe with some coaching at first) 'because Heavenly Father sent me to you!' Nothing is truer than that. My life is better because he was sent to me!

I hope your birthday is wonderful, I love you!

3 comments:

Marilee said...

I'm not sure if it's because of the late (or early) hour or if it's because of the PURE and UTTER ELATION I feel right now because ALL of my laundry is washed, folded and put away but reading your top 10 about Tyler totally made me cry! I LOVE YOU TY TY!! Hope your 8th Birthday was WONDERFUL!!

JulieB said...

What a sweetie! He is getting so big!

Julie said...

That brought a little tear to my eye! I love the pictures...especially the ones of when he was such a tiny boy! Love that kid! I can't believe he's 8 either!