Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sleeping and more.......

Friday night we had a 'family' party, without me mostly because I went to a wedding reception, but the kids and Steve watched a movie ate popcorn and watched Josh be a silly crazy guy! When I came home Brooks was done and asked me to put her in bed. Generally when my kids make such a request I don't deny them their wish. So, she and I headed in and said prayers and off to sleepy she went. Well after a good book that is!
Yesterday, we had just a realaxing day. Brooklynn went to a Birthday party, Steve went with his friend for all you can eat Sushi (yuck) and I took a nice rest on the couch. When Steve came home we were enjoying a little TLC and in came Josh with a bottle of my lotion and a big proud grin on his face. The Lotion was all down his face and shirt and then when we got out hands on him, it was all and I me all through his hair. For whatever reason he think lotion goes in the hair. On further investigation and thanks to one of the family leaving the bathroom door open, he had gotten into Steve's deodorant, two bottles of my lotion and it was all over the place. There was even a little spit-up with lotion in it from his taste test. How did I react you ask? I had a good laugh. I am afraid I am a total sucker when it comes to Josh and he is just so darn cute that I couldn't be mad, well at least not for long!

How can you be mad at this cuteness? This was after he was de-lotioned!



After this incident and a family meeting about closing bathroom doors, I headed off to try and get the piles of lotion out of Josh's hair. When I was finished, Steve, Tyler and Brooklynn had disappeared. I soon discovered they were all in my bathroom with door locked and wispering. This is what I found when they finally let me in!

Tyler's second top tooth has been loose since his other one came out, but not super loose. So Steve told Ty they should pull it out and surprise me. Once again floss saved the day and out popped top tooth number two! Isn't he so dang cute! I love that TyTy. Just to brag a little bit about my cute boy, he is quite the smarty pants. Every Friday they take a spelling test and for the past three weeks he hasn't missed a question, yep 100% for three weeks in a row! This week his teacher picked him to be 'Miner of the Month' The school Mascot is a Miner (as in gold mines), so he gets his picture displayed in the school and recognized in the weekly news letter and who knows what else. I asked his teacher how he was picked and she said that each Teacher picks a child from their class based on how well they are doing, their attitude, who is excited about school, who really tries hard etc. We are very proud of him!

Now, onto more sleeping. After I tucked Brooks in last night and then a little later went to tuck in Tyler, this is what I found! What is she doing and how do you just become so tired that this is what happens?

Notice that the book is the same one both nights, maybe it is a really boring one!

7 comments:

Proud Momma said...

You made me laugh today Heath! B is so funny...I love your comment about how are you this tired that the book actually falls on your head! So funny!!
I had an experience with Brayden yesterday that made me so mad but sometimes you just have to laugh along with them...it has a better outcome!

Kacey said...

You totally make me laugh...this post was so fun to read and those PICS of Brooks...Hilarious!!

Julie said...

I LOVE the pictures of Brooks. How cute! Tyler looks so cute with both top teeth out. You're right. Both out looks better. I understand not being able to get mad at Josh because he is so dang cute. I must say though, it took me a minute to realize that "enjoying a little TLC" meant the T.V. station and not something else. Hehehe. For a minute I couldn't figure out why you were enjoying a little TLC out on the couch with all your kids awake and home. Hahahaha. I'm an idiot! Actually, since I just talked to you and you know how tired I am, lets just chalk it up to EXHAUSTION!!!!! Love you, see ya on Thursday!

Kendra said...

As always Heth, great blogg'in! Too cute! I miss that little Brookie. I showed Tyce that Tyler is now missing two teeth. I was hoping it would lead to our own version of the dental floss trick, but no such luck. Miss you guys!

Marilee said...

My goodness, I leave town for a week and it takes me 3 hours to catch up on everyones blogs! I love it though. Brooks is hilarious with the book, both nights, and Tyler is so handsome and cute with his missing teeth. I'm proud of him for being the "Miner". Way to go Ty! And Joshie, what a character. I swear he and Logan were made from the same mold and the only reason they weren't sent to the same immediate family was because Heavenly Father knew neither one of us could handle BOTH of them. Seriously though, with how much they look a like and how similarily silly they are, they really must have come out of the same mold!!

Empey Times said...

Again, it is almost like being there to see the pictures each week. Can't wait to see what Tyler will look like with big boy teeth. I am glad you are keeping track of all the experiences with your little ones.

Nicole said...

Better keep that book if it has that effect on her! Maybe we could all get one for each of the kids! The pictures are so cute! HOpe you are all well!