Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tooth Drama!

For those of you who know Tyler, you know that he does not handle the unknown well. He is very apprehensive and sometimes fearful of situations or experiences he has never before had. I will give you an example. Last summer, as in 2006, my mom and I took the kids to Disneyland and hooked up with Julie and TJ. All of the kids were most excited to go on Pirates of the Carribean, except Tyler, he was freaked out. Now, I am a most compasionate mother and if the kids are scared of ride I am more than willing to let them skip it, but not this one. After a lot of tears, a cell phone call to Dad, some encouragement from Uncle TJ and maybe a few threats from me the compasionate one, Tyler went on the ride and enjoyed it. See pictures below...






See the before and after shots.






Now fast forward to when Tyler lost his first tooth. It was pure drama and tantrums and many an exclamation of, "It'll hurt, it'll hurt." Even though the tooth, thanks to some good wiggling by dad was barely hanging on. And in the end despite a little blood all went well. The second tooth was easy as pie. Tyler came home from school, said mom will you pull out my tooth, I got ahold of it and out it popped! No problem.


Now the last two weeks or actually since school started Ty has been working on his top left tooth. Last week we got it super loose and once again he started some freak out because of the unknown. So we left it. All week we have been teasing him about pulling it out and everytime, he covers his mouth and yells no! At this point I think it is more for attention than anything else. So this morning, I got him to let me wiggle it and I somehow was able to make him promise that when he came home we could pull it out! He came home and after working on some flash cards I said, let me look at your tooth. I said, 'let's pull it out' and he said, "No!" and I said, "you promised this morning that we would." and he said, "I don't remember that!" With a big liar grin on his face. But alas, I won the battle today and out came the tooth, Janet style. I grabbed some floss, tied it nice and tight around what was left of the root and with Tyler's help gave it a good strong tug and out it flew! Tyler and I both gave a big cheer and a high five! And he even admitted that it didn't really hurt! The look of surprise on his face when I tugged on the floss was so funny! I loved it. So here are a few photos of my boy with a missing tooth and Brooklynn insisted on a picture of her missing teeth and who can resist taking a picture of her cute face so here they are, my toothless two.



9 comments:

Julie said...

That is a great posting. I'm glad you told the Pirates story. The look on his face in that picture with TJ just breaks my heart cause you can tell how worried he was. As for the missing teeth, so cute and I hope the tooth fairy pays him well. Love you Ty!

Proud Momma said...

You described Tyler to a T! I've only met him a couple of times but that sounds exactly how I remember him! Also I got the chills remembering pulling teeth...ooh!
Brooklyn is so cute with her toothless grin!

Kendra said...

Got it out!!! Yeah!! I love the grin, he is cute not crazy looking like some kids. Congrats. Party like a rockstar as the "toothfairy" would say.

Empey Times said...

I love the pictures, you have two little pumpkins for Halloween. The baby is gorgeous.

Kacey said...

Cute pictures! Have I told you lately how adorable your kids are? :-) I have a hunch that Malia is going to be a bit like Tyler when it comes to the teeth pulling.

P.S. So how much does the tooth fairy pay these days anyway?

Kacey said...

Oh..and I forgot. Remember how scared I was to go on Colossus or whatever that stupid rollcoaster was at Lagoon and I was what...like 12? You, Shae, Mar, and even Grandma all went on it and I just waited for you guys at the bottom. HOW EMBARASSING, I was such a nerd - why am I reliving this now?! Oh yes..so you can tell Tyler I KNOW how he feels. LOL

Nicole said...

Marin is wiggling hers like crazy in hopes that one will fall out soon- I think she is feeling left out since so many of her friends have lost teeth already. It is funny to me that she is so grown up looking (tall, etc) and still lags behind in things like teeth falling out....

Lindsay said...

He looks so cute with his missing teeth! I'm glad that he got brave because he will be losing a lot more teeth!

shannon said...

yeah, he looks SO darling with the missing tooth...as does Brookie!