Monday, November 27, 2006

Car Accidents, Turkey and Rot Gut!

We had a very eventful Thanksgiving week/end. We left for Sarazona (Arizona) on Tuesday, all was going well until we got to Bakersfield. As we were slowing down to take the exit to head to Barstow, we had a hot dog in a white Corvette try to pass us, only he had no where to go because all the lanes were slow and backed up. All I remember is hearing his tires squeal, seeing smoke and then bash - he hit us dead center of our front left tire rim. Amazingly we had no body damage to the car and only have to have the alignment fixed. Our little accident forced us into a 5 hour stop. Steve missed a round of golf the next morning, but all in all we feel blessed it wasn't worse.

We had a great time with my parents, Ryan and his family and Marilee and her family. It was a little crazy at times with all the kids, but lots of fun. On Wednesday afternoon we all went swimming. The kids had so much fun. Josh especially loved the pool and was trying to dunk his face in every second he got. Have I ever mentioned how cute he is? Anyway, thanksgiving day we ate at my Aunt Peri's house. We had 24 people. We ate outside (that was a first for us) on the patio, it was such a beautiful day. The food of course was so yummy!

Marilee's little Logan started throwing up on their trip down to Arizona and proceeded to throw up everyday we were there, but only once a day. We all thought we had been saved from passing around the stomach flu (ROT GUT) until Friday Night. Marilee got it first, then on Saturday morning I got it, then on Saturday night Mom, Tyler, Ben, Annie and Josh got it. Fortunately it was a shortened version and most everyone was feeling better in 12 to 24 hours.

Marilee apologized profusely for bringing the dreaded bug around and even left a "barf" bucket for us for the drive home. Thanks again Mar, I'm just glad we didn't need it in the car.

All in all we had a great weekend. Tyler and Annie had a wonderful time playing together and Brooklynn flitted around being the boss that she is. She and Marin had lots of fun playing with their dolls etc. I sure do love seeing my family. Now if we can just see the rest soon, it would be nice! I miss you Julie!!! Actually I miss you all and I hope that we can see you all again soon!

Oh ya, I didn't take very many pictures, but I will post what I have later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like every thanksgiving either I get sick or someone around me does, I am convinced it is undercooked Turkey or something!!

Anonymous said...

The "Barf Bucket" was a must! When Adam asked why I thought we needed to get one my response was (obviously) because the barfs are going around but more importantly because if we have one, we won't need it, and if we don't have it then we will! I was right, no one in our car, your car or Ryan and Nic's needed to use the barf bucket! I think I might travel with mine on EVERY road trip for insurance purposes! Love and miss you too!

shannon said...

that totally sucks...but at least everyone was better by the time you got home! glad to hear you had a great time...i love the weather down there in arizona. who knew, swimming on thanksgiving?

Julie said...

Fun! I missed you guys too but we had a blast here in 'Cago with all the Brinks!

Nicole said...

I'll post some pics soon too. It was fun- I love warm waether for Thanksgiving- it's the best! I might continue to use the barf bucket as well if that means no sickies while traveling. It was fun to be with ya'll!!!