Thursday, May 09, 2013

Hoops……

Tyler played basketball this year on the same team he played with last year.  The only difference was that Steve helped coach.  His coach Danny was a great guy and partly in consideration of Ty, requested that the team have no Sunday games.  The league was kind enough to comply.   His team had a pretty good season and I loved watching him improve.  The games are definitely getting more exciting and I watching him if so exciting.  I have to admit the more competitive his sports get, the louder I get.  I am not the mom who can sit back and not cheer.  I am not one to yell at Ref’s etc, but I really LOVE to cheer on my boy!
  IMG_0362IMG_0582IMG_0698
This was Josh’s first year to play basketball on a team.  At his age it is pretty much a chaotic mess, but his little team did improve throughout the season.  I learned a couple of great things about Josh – 1.  He will shoot from anywhere!  He loves to shoot and playing against Tyler in the backyard has been great for him.  He isn’t afraid in anyway to put it up – now if we can just work on more going in! 2.  He is a pretty good ball handler.  Who knew?  He was able to be the ‘point guard’ in a couple of his games and he did pretty well.   Oh and I must not forget, His team one the post-season tournament. 
IMG_0426IMG_0650IMG_0692

No comments: