Thursday, May 09, 2013

Christmas Time……

We spent this Christmas at home.  We spent it all by our lonely selves.  I feel like it actually snuck up on me this year.  We were all so focused on our trip to Hawaii that when we got back I was in a panic to be ready for Christmas.  Of course I worked my magic and had everything all ready, but I think that was in part thanks to the kids getting out for their break so late this year.  I didn’t get to do all the baking I was hoping to do and enjoy, but we really had a great time being together. 
When the kids did get out of school we spent time, wrapping, shopping and hanging out.  Then on Christmas Eve Day, I was lucky enough to spend a little time at Urgent Care with Josh.  The week before he had been home sick with Strep Throat, sadly on Christmas Eve it was the flu.  Thanks to a shortage of Tamiflu, I drove all over the place trying to get his prescription filled.  All of us had gotten our flu shots except Steve. I can only imagine how bad it would have been without the shot.
We had plans to spend Christmas Eve with our friends the Herlehy’s.  We didn’t change those plans, but Steve stayed home with Josh.  I went over with the rest of the crew and we had a great dinner.  The kids played a game and had fun being together and then we had the kids re-enact the Nativity.  It was a nice evening, even with my boy being sick.  Once we got home, we read our traditional story called, “Teach the Children” and then we opened our PJ’s.  It was a lovely, low key evening.  I got to open an extra present – a new, very nice Camera! Yay me, I put it right to work.
2012-12-24 001 0022012-12-24 001 005
IMG_0007IMG_0012IMG_0013IMG_0014IMG_0018 
Christmas morning always goes much too fast for my liking, but the kids had a great time.  Josh seemed to be feeling a little better.
IMG_0048IMG_0021IMG_0032IMG_0045IMG_0046IMG_0047IMG_0052
After we opened gifts and ate our Scotch Stew and Ebelsceevers (I don’t know how to spell that), we were laying around and relaxing.  Much to our surprise and excitement when we looked out the window……..
IMG_0059IMG_0063
SNOW<  We could not have been more excited, but honestly didn’t expect much more than this.  Gratefully we were wrong and later that day the kids and Steve went outside to play in this….
IMG_0067IMG_0078IMG_0086IMG_0089IMG_0090IMG_0092IMG_0099IMG_0109IMG_0110IMG_0115IMG_0125
The snow was really coming down and the kids had so much fun playing in it.  We even let Josh go out because even though he was sick, it was Christmas and snow only happens maybe once a year around here.
The Day was wonderful and although we missed our extended family terribly, we were so grateful to be together as a family.

No comments: