Saturday, September 01, 2012

Summer

It has been much too long since I have blogged at all! Summer seems to have gotten the best of me and flew by much too fast for my liking, but then so does everything. Since I have 2 birthdays coming up next week I have to get caught up......So here we go.
 
Summer started with some lazy days and lots of time spent at the pool.  The kids enjoyed hanging out with friends and just not having to do much of anything.  We really were just all trying to get through June so we could head North.  Since last summer I had planned to take the kids and head to Utah and Idaho.  We had not spent anytime with our cousins (except for a week last year at the cabin).  We hadn't seen any of the Empey cousin's in almost 2 years and it was time .  Thankfully Nana was willing to come down and then make the long trek with me.  I could not have made that drive by myself - especially not with Mr. Noah.  Steve was going to come up the last part of the month and drive us home. 
 
Before it all started Noah went to his first 'friend' birthday party.  It was a swim party and my friend Rebecca made these adorable Minion cupcakes.  Noah LOVED it!
 

Brookie and I headed to the airport to pick up Nana.  It was a little more stressful and crazy than I thought packing and preparing for a month away from home, but when it all came down to it we were ready to roll.  The kids were beyond excited!  Noah didn't really understand what we were talking about because the only cousin he could think of were Natalie and Boots - my cousin Jeni's kids who live right by us! I wasn't sure how the drive would go, but day 1 was a success and not as terrible as I thought.  We stop in Albuquerque for the night.  The area of town was a little shady, but it turned out ok.


 I got to sleep with this cute little man, he is so sweet!
 
 On day two we had ants in our pants to just get there already.  Noah was about at his limit and thankfully Nana had her iPad with her.  It saved the day and was passed around and around the car to keep everyone entertained.
 
Finally, we arrived!  My heart did little flip flops at seeing the beautiful Mountains!  I miss the mountains like crazy!  I loved waking up everyday and looking out at the view!  Our first week in Utah was going to be busy with the Fourth of July and Grandma Scadlocks 85th birthday party.  A cousins Bridal shower and another cousins ready, but we were more than excited to get moving!
 

No comments: