Saturday, September 01, 2012

July 4th

I love The Fourth of July and this year was no different. We had all kinds of fun and excitement planned for the day and it started off bright and early! Josh and Noah had a sleep over with Auntie Kari, Uncle Jason, Jake and Maggie so that Ty, Brook and I could head down and run in the Freedom 5k in Provo. We were not alone and had the company of Auntie Julie, Jackson and Natalie, Nana and Granddad, Uncle Adam, Auntie Marilee, Garett and Logan and Lindsay Smith. It was so much fun! When the race started I had Garett, Natalie and Brook with me. We started off running and then would walk, then run, then walk. Eventually Natalie and Brook left me and GMan in the dust. It was the perfect way to start the morning and we had a wonderful time.
 





After the race and some Kneaders French Toast, I took off to Kari's to pick up Tater and Noah.  When I got there they were just heading out the door for the neighborhood Bike Parade!  I'm not sure what it is with the 4th and bike parades but we were in. 





After the fesitivities at Kari's it was back over to Nana's for a swim and a BBQ.  I have not yet mentioned that Nana and Granddad put in a pool this year.  It is beautiful and wonderful and I must admit I would LOVE to have their backyard, but I'll settle for being able to go visit!  It didn't take too long for anyone to realize that it was money well spent, in the whole time we were in Utah there were manybe 3 or 4 days we didn't get in the pool - it was great!

 

Finally, after a very long day already, we headed back to Provo for the Stadium of Fire. The headliner this year was the Beach Boys! I will be the first to admit that I wasn't sure about the Beach Boys, I loved them growing up because my Mom and Dad listened to them all the time, but come on people they are OLD. In one word, they were FANTASTIC! It was a great night and although I'm sure all our kids thought we were nuts, Julie, Marilee, TJ, Adam, my parents and I were belting out those songs with the best of them. The fireworks were great as usual - Noah didn't think so, but it was a fun night!  All in all the day was just great the only thing we were missing was Steve - we both decided we didn't plan it quite right and he should have come for the 4th~





No comments: