Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Schools Out and Some Other Random Things!

I was so anxious for school to end this year - I was more than ready for summer! The last day of school was great and my kids had a fantastic year. It was a big Milestone for Ty as he is moving to middle school. They had a celebration of learning and although I didn't ever cry when I sent him to Kindergarden, I must say the prospect of sending my sweet boy to middle school completely FREAKS me out and I got really choked up during the whole Celebration!
A little blurry!

Another blurry shot, not sure why - oh well!

Tyler had a great year at school, we had a few stuggles, but he ended up getting a couple of awards at his classroom celebration.  The first award he got was for Most Improved Handwriting!  This is totally funny because Tyler has really bad writing and he hated having to actually write in cursive this year.  I think his cursive is easier to read, but oh well.  We always tease him about his writing skills and as this was always my worst grade in Elementary School it makes me laugh!  He also got a Math Award for Most Improved - we were excited about this because Math was a challenge and he worked hard to bring his grade up!


Josh and his awesome teacher Ms. Falter.  She was perfect for Josh this year and he really loved having her for a teacher.  He got the 'Skor' award for being the most athletic in his class!  I can't believe this guy is getting so grown up! 

 Brook and her wonderful teacher Ms. Ortel.  Brooklynn takes after me and LOVES school!  She gets awesome grades and really loves the social aspect of school too.  She is a wonderful writer (this she did not get from me) and recieved the Writer's Award for her classroom.  She is growing up so fast and we are so blessed that she is our little princess!


 THE RANDOM THINGS!

This is "Super Me"  and he is Noah's favortie super hero.  According to Noah he has 'Powers'  He can fly and run super fast too.  He sadly didn't get to go to school this year, but he was sure glad to have his kids home! 
We've had some crazy Thunderstorms this spring, this is a quick picture I got one night right before bed.  When these storms come through I don't sleep very well during the storms, we have big windows in our bedroom and the light flashes keep me awake!  I am always worried the Tornado Sirens are going to go off too.  We had one storm in the spring that landed me and the kids in our 'storm shelter' or better known as my closet.  When all the warnings started I had fallen asleep on the couch and finally after my phone started ringing like crazy I realized that something was up.  I turned on the TV to see some Tornados had touched down not too far aways and I was instantly up around the house gathering things to take into the closet. 
 Thankfully my neighbor was able to pick up the kids before the school was on lockdown.  It was really nerve racking for me, but I loaded up the closet with snacks, water, blankets, pillows and my laptop so we could watch movies.  I had to wake Noah up from his nap too.  I don't know how long we ended up being in the closet, but I was so grateful when the sirens finally stopped.

Josh and Steve got to go on a tour of the Mavericks Practice Facility.  They had a really fun morning and even got to sit in Dirk's chair! 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Fun stuff! Any chance you guys have plans to stop through Idaho this summer? :)

Nicole said...

So much going on- glad you updated! Josh's teacher looks so young! I freak out each time I have sent a kid to junior high too= much scarier than kindergarten I think!