Saturday, January 01, 2011

A few Christmas Highlights!

Our week with Kari and J went MUCH, MUCH too fast for my liking - but let's be honest it always does!  Here is a run down of what we did after Christmas.

Monday - Boys day out - this was Steve and J's Christmas Present.  They went golfing, shopping, eating, to a movie and I'm sure fit some more eating in there. 
Tuesday - Girl's day (parital day)  Kari and I hit the stores and went out for lunch.  It was so fun and we stumbled on some GREAT finds!  I even bought myselft some HOT boots and a pair of skinny jeans (Yikes!)
Wednesdy - We just hung out!
Thursday - We attempted a day up at the Snow Park, but due to all the rain in the valley and snow in the mountains, we were without chains for my car and couldn't get all the way up to the park (I will say for the record that I was NOT willing to fork out the money needed for chains, especially with our move to Texas in the near future).  This kids were a little disappointed, but we found a patch of snow and let them play for a bit.  It was still fun and besides that Cleetus Clydesdale came along with us.  Cleetus made his debut last year in my families untalent show and he has been talked about often since.  He came out again this year and boy did we get some interesting looks and whisperings with him along for this outing!


Kari found this sweet hat at TJ Maxx

Again with the sweet hat!  Kari is the best!

These two are buddies!  They had so much fun together and really get along so well.

My Maggie - she is so cute and so funny!

Cleetus!  Noah is not a fan and cries everytime he sees him.




  The looks we Cleetus got were hilarious, there were two ladies in Particular that just kept looking over at him and then whispering - it was awesome!

Thursday was also date night!  We treated ourselves to dinner at Flemmings and ate way too much food, but loved a  night out with no kids!

Friday - On the Happy side it was Jake's birthday and he turned FIVE!  Sadly this was also the day Kari and J had to leave.  I tried to convince Maggie to stay with me, but she wanted to head home with her Mom.  I hate saying goodbye!  We miss them already and the house seemed really lonely the rest of the day.

The week was so fun - We watched some great movies, ate some yummy food, had many a good laugh and just enjoyed being together.  At some point during the week I became Auntie Hederford and Brookie was changed into Burkie - I told you Maggie was cute!  Haha, I love it and I think I will keep the name.  The week was just RIGHT and just what we needed before all the stress of moving comes full force!! 

4 comments:

Kacey said...

Cannot stop laughing at the Cleetus pictures...kind of strange to see Steve with long hair. (that is Steve right?)

Can't wait to hear how the move to Texas goes!! Were you able to get a hold of Rockel? Did you find a house? When's the big day?

Kendra said...

Sounds like so so much fun!!! What is going on? When is the big move! I tried to call you a couple of times! Fill me in!!

Nicole said...

Christmas wasn't the same without Cleetus!

Marilee said...

Wow, looks like Cleetus has grown his hair out! Looks good! :-)