Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Brooklynn's Birthday!

I promised, last year I promised. Yep, I did it - I promised Brookie she could have a birthday party.  I didn't want to do it, but I knew that despite my moving stress I had better come through with that promise.  Let's be honest here people I AM NOT GOOD AT PARTIES.  So, thanks to Auntie Kari's idea, Brookie invited 3 of her adorable little friends to go to Color Me Mine with us.  We even got to go on her birthday thanks to no school for MLK day.  It was the perfect little party and in the words of Brooklynn, 'I loved it mom!'  She is so adorable and so easy to please - I love her.  The girls all had a good time and each created something very different.  Brookie made herself a piggy bank, Taylie painted a horse, Grace made a cupcake, and Lily painted a water bowl for her cat.  I cannot wait to see how they turn out when I pick them up later this week. 

After painting pottery the girls came home with us and Brooklynn was able to open her gifts. We then sang to her and ate some delicious cupcakes from the Sugar Shack. (Honestly, it is a good thing we are moving because the Sugar Shack is around the corner from my house.  I am not a huge cake eater, but dang people them's are some yummy cupcakes!)

Anyway, it turned out to be the perfect birthday and the Birthday Girl got her wish for a party......

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy BIrthday darling girl! We forgot to call!!! Lame on me!

Marilee said...

I honestly CANNOT believe she is 8!!! Wow! WOW!!!!! Happy Birthday (belated little Brookers! We can't wait to see you on Saturday!)