Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Begins!

We have had a ver busy beginning to our summer. I decided this summer I was not going to buy water park passes and so far we have done more swimming than any other summer we've been here.

Tyler and Brooklynn both had swimming lessons! They did great and Tyler even started learning the Butterfly stroke! He is quite a fish. Brooklynn made a big break through and can now swim without any help at all. She is still cautious, but that is always good in my book. As for Josh, he is insane and has absolutely no fear of the water. I mean no fear at all. Last week we went swimming out at Misty's and I didn't get in, but put him in his water wings (floaties) and let him go for it and boy did he! After he was all warmed up, he decided it was okay to jump off the side all by himself. He loves it. In fact he loves it so much that a couple of days later while we were starting to wind it down, we took off his water wings and before I knew it, he took off and jumped right in the pool. Luckily I was sitting right next to where he went in and jumped in to rescue him. In his case a little fear would be good.

So far the summer has been good, the only down side came this week when, as a result of all our swimming, Brooklynn came down with a little swimmers ear. She is on the mend and we should be back in the pool next week.

Here are a few pictures that I took at Jared and Misty's fantastic BBQ last week! There is also a video of Josh and Justin playing, Josh loves Justin they have become great pals, especially since we have been swimming at Misty's quite frequently. The other day Justin was over and told me that he wished Josh was his little brother. They wrestle and fight and Justin is so cute with him.





This is Brooklynn and one of her 'best friends' Abby

Josh and Justin

3 comments:

Marilee said...

Looks like lots of fun. I sure miss backyard swimming parties. We went to them a ton when we lived in Cali! In CO noone has swimming pools in their backyards :-( Can't wait to see you in a few weeks and watch the kids play. My kids can't wait!

JulieB said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe Josh just jumped in, what a fearless little boy. :) Scarey for you I'm sure. Hey, as I'm unpacking I found a few baby announcements I was missing the address on, like yours. Can you send it to me? juliebrown10@gmail.com

Nicole said...

Looks like fun!!! Hope the fun continues at the cabin. We are sad not to be with you.