Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

I want to say Happy Father's Day - to my wonderful Husband, my wonderful father and my wonderful father-in-law. Also a special mention goes out to Steve's Grandpa, we love and miss you Grandpa Nelson, Happy Father's Day.



In honor of Father's Day and my husband I thought I would do a 100 things list about Steve. We'll see how far I get!...... Here it goes



1. He was born in Pocatello Idaho

2. He lived on Lacey Road when he was little

3. He also lived in Kentucky (I think it was Kentucky) for a few years, when his dad was in the Army

4. He, along with the rest of the crew, lived at Grandma Poulson's house for a few years.

5. He had lots of 'best' friends growing up, most of whom I have met, they include; Matt, Tony M., Tony F., Nate, and JD. This list obviously does not include all of them, but a few of the most mentioned.

6. According to Steve, He grew up on a farm

7. He had a friend in Kentucky who dressed up like Michael Jackson for some event at school

8. He had some totally cool MOON BOOTS and we have a great picture of them

9. He always used to tease his sisters.

10. He still teases his sisters.

11. He played football in highschool

12. He played football at Rick's

13. He almost played football at Snow College

14. He stopped playing football when he hurt his knee right before Tyler was born

15. He can tell you what I was wearing on a number of dates we went on both BEFORE and AFTER his mission

16. He met me, the love of his life, 2 months before his mission

17. He served his mission in Bristol England

18. Most of his time was spent in Wales

19. He had a companion that he had to remind to brush his teeth and sometimes had to force him to do it.

20. He stopped writing to me after about 7 months so he could focus on his Mission

21. He is father to our 3 beautiful children

22. He is a great dad

23. He loves to wrestle with the kids

24. His daughter adores him, even though sometimes he doesn't think so

25. His kids miss him when he has to be gone

26. They always ask, "When will Daddy be home?"

27. He loves to tease Tyler and Brooklynn

28. Josh is also becoming victimized by his teasing more and more

29. He also teases me

30. Sometimes he teases me until I get mad

31. He had surgery on his knee when Tyler was a baby

32. He chopped off the end of his thumb a few years ago

33. He loves the Ocean!

34. He loves to snorkel

35. He is like a big huge kid when we go to the beach

36. He loves the warm weather

37. He loves to Golf

38. He works really, really hard!

39. He is the middle of 7 children in his family!

40. He loves to make his sisters laugh and then when they laugh he wants to make them laugh harder and it just keeps going on and on.

41. He is the 'Funny Guy' in his family

42. He once put one of Tyler or Brooklynn's dirty diapers in his dad's car overnight. His poor dad nearly died from the smell the next day.

43. He is absolutely adored by the kids in his Sunday School class. I get told almost every week, by one of them or one of their parents that he is so loved and that he makes it fun and interesting and they actually learn something from him

44. When Tyler was born he looked just like Steve's baby pictures. I mean I thought I had given birth to my own husband he looked so much like him.

45. Brooklynn looked like Steve when she was a baby too.

46. Don't worry she was still really cute

47. He is very handy around the house and can fix almost anything

48. He is one of the most giving and helpful people I know.

49. He is always willing to help people who need something

50. If he can help it, he never misses a Vineyard assignment

51. He loves to sleep in the middle of the bed. In our bed his side is 3/4 of the bed and my side is the other 1/4

52. If he falls asleep on the couch he is impossible to wake up.

53. One of the youth at church thinks that he is a Cage Fighter

54. He is a very loyal friend

55. He can and will talk to anyone

56. He would go crazy if he had to sit behind a desk all day.

57. He loves to be around people

58. He has really good crap detector

59. He is a wonderful husband

60. His dad always tell's me that he is glad his son married up

61. He loves his family

62. He get super irritated by stupid drivers

63. He is terrified of Snakes
64. If there is a show on TV about Snakes anytime one strikes he Jumps. I mean every time, even if he has seen the show before.
65. Even though he is terrified of Snakes he knows a lot about them and watches lots of snake shows
66. He loves a good bar-b-que and can grill up a mean steak
67. His all time favorite Hamburger is the Royal Burger at Red Robin
68. He likes Sushi, but only the really fresh good stuff
69. He says I can never make a decision, but it is really him
70. He loves to have late nights with Tyler and stay up and play the Playstation until all hours of the night and/or morning
71. He loves to ask Josh questions that make Josh answer 'Yes' because Josh says yes just like Brady and it is really cute
71. When he tucks Brooklynn in at night, he is so cute about chatting with her.
72. When he was a little boy his sister hit him in the face with a Garden Hoe. It messed up his teeth pretty bad
73. He cut his nose with sewing scissors when he was little. You know the part inbetween his nostrils. Yikes and ouch!
75. He has had stitches a number of times.
76. He never sprained an ankle until after we were married and then he did it 6 weeks before football season started. He was playing basketball in the front yard with his brothers
77. He loves to watch football.
78. He loves the NFL chanel
79. He enjoys watching golf
80. He also has a new found loves for UFC (Ultimate fighting)
81. He has been know to order some of the UFC paper view fights and watch them with a friend
82. He loves to swim with the kids
83. He also enjoys taking them to the water park when we have passes
84. He wishes we had a pool
85. Last summer he tried to set up two different quick set pools and found out that are backyard has quite a slope to it
86. He was so disappointed and stewed about it for a few days
87. He loves me so much that he found someone to take out the yucky old hot tub that was in our backyard
88. He enjoyed using the hot tub in the winter, but it was really ugly
89. He doesn't understand why I don't like hot tubs
90. When we go on vacation he loves to explore and try new things
91. He can't stand sitting still for long, unless he is watching sports
92. He really really really wishes we had a bigger TV (I can't say I blame him)
93. He also really would love to have a wii
94. He is a fantastic daddy!
95. He is a great husband
96. He is always great about letting me sleep in, if possible, on the weekends
97. He also makes sure the kids leave me alone for a Sunday Nap
98. He loves to take me out on dates
99. He is very loved by Tyler, Brooklynn and Josh!
100. He is very loved by me!!!!

Happy Father's Day Honey, we love you!!!

5 comments:

Kacey said...

This was a really cute idea Heather. I can't believe he cut his nose...OUCH! (it hurt just reading about it)

Amy said...

Heather, you beat me to the punch!! I was thinking of doing 100 things about Silas after I did mine and had so much fun with it!! That was fun to read!! Love you!

Kendra said...

Cute Heather. It makes us miss the crazy old Steve. Hope you guys had a good weekend!!

Julie said...

That was awesome! I like that a kid in you ward thinks he's a cage fighter!

Nicole said...

i think i knew most of those things! amazing! i think it is hilariuos that the kid thinks he's a cage fighter! LOVE IT!