Monday, April 07, 2008

One more Post, this time it is about Josh.

Josh is finally starting to say more and more understandable words. With Ty and Brooks being early talkers, it has been mildly frustrating trying to decipher Josh's own special language. He has been using lots of grunts and throaty sounds and all of a sudden he is getting it! For weeks Tyler and Brooklynn have both been 'Gong' I'm not sure why, but it worked for him and he stuck to it. We have really been trying to get him to say TyTy and finally he has come up with his own version - "GyGuy" close right? Wrong consonent but I'll take it. Yesterday I said, say Brook and he did, mind you he still calls her 'Gong,' but the big thing is he can say it. Please has been a big one for the longest time he just smiled and said, 'eeeeeeee,' we are finally making progress because as of three days ago he say 'Peazz' but it sounds more like Bees. In fact, Steve started asking him, What makes honey? and he says, 'Peazz' I love it, it is so cute.

He has also mastered the following list of words, we'll go in order of favorites.

Mama, mama - grabbing my face and turning it towards him and again, MaMa
PutBAll (Football)
BaBAll (baseball)
Mitt (as in baseball)
Bat (as in baseball, can you tell there is a theme here)
Hat (as in baseball, or a football helmet)
Kick
A Shoot
Peazz (as explained above)
Ya
No
Cocko (Choco)
Jooose (Juice)
Mook (Milk)
Blue
Red
Purple
Wawoo (yellow)
Two
Six
Nine
Dog
Turtooo (turtle, I partically love this one because his mouth is so cute when he says it)
Browm (Brown)

Okay, so there is a small sampling of Joshy lingo - He is cute and fun and frustrating and we just can't help but love him! AND THANK HEAVENS HE CAN SAY SOME UNDERSTANDABLE WORDS!!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I love him and that dirty little sparkle! What a cutie and I'm so glad I was privileged enough to here some of his words today!

Lindsay said...

Good job Josh! I love it when they have their own personal language but you can still understand them.

McKenna said...

I love it when they start speaking like that. It makes things easier, and it is also VERY adaoreable. Cute Joshie!

Kendra said...

Love that Joshy. I miss him so bad!!

Nicole said...

I'm so glad he's finally starting to speak. I made a cute list like that of Amber's words at one point- our computer crashed and I lost them- so learn from me and print this out and put it in his baby book or your journal or something!

Kristen said...

How embarrassing! I just found your blog on a friend's, and we have the same template! That's okay. But your kids are adorable and I like what you have on here. Do you even remember me? Hope so. -Kristen Nelson (PL 2)