Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Conversation With Tater (Josh)! and some updates.

Tonight while we were getting ready to have family prayer, Brooklynn for some reason started asking about Tiger Woods and when he would play next. Yes, in case you are wondering, we do watch a little golf at our house. We told her that he wouldn't be playing for a while because he had hurt his knee and had surgery, the following conversation came from that exchange.

Brook: "Ohhh, I like Tiger!"
Tater: "I do, a Giger!" (meaning I like Tiger)
Me: Wondering if he really knew what we were talking about asked, "What does Tiger play?"
Tater: A Gock (Golf)
Daddy: Show us your swing

So, of course he did. I couldn't believe it, how did he figure that one out. I knew he didn't miss much, but even that surprised me!!!

Okay, if that sounded like the obnoxious bragging mom, sorry, but it was so cute!

I am so looking forward to more of these conversations with him as he says more and more.

As a side note, he is also officially a big boy and not a baby anymore. Although I still call him my baby. Last Wednesday I put him down for a nap and he was very upset, to say the least. We have been battling naps for about a month, not that he didn't need one, just that he didn't want one in his crib, any other bed was fine. I was busy trying to clean out my closet and re-organize, declutter, all of that good spring time purging stuff and I heard his bedroom door open a little and then close. I hollored at Ty thinking he had gone in there. With no response from Ty I realized it was Josh and he had climbed out of his crib. He had been caught quite a few nights trying to hoist a leg over the railing, but had not climbed out. He was very upset when I went in and busted him, it was cute how sad he was that he was in big trouble! Well, after that I thought why prolong it and I took the crib down and put the twin bed up. He is so little in that big bed, but after a week he is doing great. My only complaint is that he wakes up too early, but he did that anyway. Wow, how time flies!

We also had Nana come for a few days this past week. It was so fun to have her here. The kids love it and had a great time reading with her, playing memory (your favorite, right Nana) and for Brookie, shopping. Nana, was also able to attend one of Ty's Baseball games and came just in time for some 94 degree weather. It was a great weekend and I do have a few pictures that I will have to post later.

8 comments:

Amy said...

That's cute...I can't believe that Josh is 2 already and then some!! You ain't a kiddin' how time flies!! We are doing good...baby Drew is awesome and so much fun! Can't wait for you to be able to see him!! p.s. I love your background!!

Kendra said...

Love those Joshy stories! We miss you guys!

Kacey said...

WHAT? Did you say 94 degree weather? Not fair!

Wow, Josh is already in a big boy bed. That is so cute he wanted to do it on his own! AND hilarious that he already knows who Tiger is. Of course though...why would that be a surprise in this family where golf is practically a religion. ;-)

Nicole said...

I can't believe he's in a big boy bed! I just moved Grace from the small crib to the regular one and I was almost in tears because she is growing up way too fast.

Kat said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big they are! They do grow up way too fast. :)

Dave, Trista, and Amani said...

Oh, Tater is so cute! I am so excited to see you guys next month! Love ya!

Julie said...

You are not being a braggy mom...As Grandpa Christofferson says, "If it happened it ain't braggin!" He's cute. I can't wait to have him for a visit!

Lindsay said...

Blogs are for bragging about your kids, don't apologize! I think that was pretty sharp of him too!