Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Joshua Post

My baby is 2 - yep, my little tiny 4 lbs 11 oz baby is a big two year old. His birthday was on Saturday and we had a nice little family party.


I decided at some point that I needed to make him a good cake. Kari inspired me with her Mickey Mouse cake for Jake and so the other day while on http://www.familyfun.com/ I decided to check out cakes and found one that I thought I could pull off. I even went and bought a cake decorating set from Target so I could do it right. I'm not the most patient cook and I don't even really like cake, but for my baby I needed to make a cake. (Now I am going to have to do another one for Brookie's party on Monday) So check out the pictures and tell me what you think. It was a lot of work and it was pretty fun, but I ended up throwing most of it away because there are only 5 of us.







Not a bad effort at a cake - right? Tater thought it was pretty cool!

Josh thought it was so great to get presents. He was so much fun because he had to have everything out of the package immediately. He would play with it and then we would convince him to tear into another one. The first thing he opened were some Spider-man jammies from Grandma, he loves Spider Man and he had to immediately put them on, it was super cute. He also got more cars, of course, a little video game thing you plug into the TV that you get to drive, a bike helmet so he can head out with me in his new bike seat and a DVD from Grandma. (By the way Grandma, he likes numbers more than colors!) The bike helmet was a hit and he wore it constantly for 2 or 3 days. He would just wander around the house with it on. Sadly it has been chilly and rainy so we haven't been able to go for a ride.

This is right before we opened presents, he was so sad because big Sister had bowled him over running down the hall.

My boys having a laugh together!

Josh with his helmet - I love the look on his face.

Driving his new ride - the look on his face says it all!

He is slowly saying more words and this week I asked him where Tyler was and then told him 'at school' he replied back, 'a cool' He is definitely trying and it is fun to hear him saying some understandable words. Well at least they are understood by me. With him I have most certainly learned a second language.

I think that is mostly all. We did go to the good ol' Chaffee Zoo here in Fresno on Monday with the kids, they had a great time. Josh is mostly freaked out by all the big animals and shakes his head, but he thinks, birds and turtles and snakes and frogs are ok. Go figure.







Sadly I didn't get any good pictures of Joshua because he will not sit still and he won't look at the camera, he is such a two year old.

9 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe he's 2 either. What a cutie. Nice cake. You've inspired me now...maybe that will go away by July when Reecey turns 1. Crazy stuff. I'm not sure I understand the bike helmet thing. Do you have a seat for him on your bike or does he have his own bike? If its a seat when the heck did you get a bike? I'm confused but that's a pretty normal state of mind for me. Give your kids smooches from aunty ju ju!

Jeni said...

Wow he looks sooo old and I think your cake is amazing, like I would PAY you to make one for me. that is really a cute idea for a cake!

Kacey said...

Um WOW Heather. So impressed by your cake skills. How do you make black frosting? Poor Dallin didn't even get a cake for his 1st birthday. We just ate Ding Dongs. Nice huh. I can't WAIT to see what you do for Brookie's cake!

P.S. I love Family Fun magazine...doesn't it just have the best ideas in it?

emily salway said...

I can't believe he is two already!!! Where does time go? Oh, and the cake looks wonderful!! Now wasn't that fun?

Kendra said...

Cool cake! You little homemaker you! That makes you a good mom. LOL!! Love the cake...hate that zoo! ha ha

Proud Momma said...

Love the cake...I dread the whole cake making thing whenever it rolls around, especially since all my birthdays fall within a month of eachother...but in the end it's worth the smile on their face.

McKenna said...

Joshie is so big and he looks so much like Tyler did and a lot like Steve. I miss baby-sitting your kids! Your cake looked really good, I would give anything to make a cake. (Josef and I don't have on oven yet) Now there is proof of what our mother's always tell us, "Count your blessings, cause somewhere in the world there are starving people (or people without ovens.)" So, you should send me a piece of Brookie's cake in an envelope.

Happy Birthday Joshua and Brooklyn!
Love, McKenna

Mom, Aunt, Grandma Ehat or Lori said...

What's this? Your kids getting older-where has the time gone!? such cuties. Great job on the cakes -well remember those days! Love to you all!

Marilee said...

Where did the time go? I can't believe he is 2 either!! Somehow the other day when I was looking at Brooklynn's cake I missed seeing the race track cake you made for Josh!! Good on ya girl!!