Monday, January 28, 2008

Cake #2

Well, in about 1 hour and 36 minutes my house will be filled with a large and very crazy group of five/four year olds for Brooklynn's Birthday Party. I am not now nor have I ever been much for parties and kid Birthday parties are my least favorite. But because I am such a Rock Star Mom (HaHa) I am having one. We are going to decorate Bobble Head Monkey's, play a Shrek version of Pin The Tale on the Donkey, eat cake and ice cream, open presents and just basically have total chaos for 2 hours. What fun!

So what does all this mean to all of you, I am sure you are all wondering. Well, I want you to weigh in on my 2nd attempt at a 'Fancy' cake. I also spotted this one on family fun and I totally recommend it. They had a princess castle cake that was to die for, but a little above my skill set, so maybe when I get a little better I will attempt it.

Enjoy the pics and let me know what you all think!


11 comments:

Julie said...

I love this! It is so cute. You might have to come to UT and bake Reecey's cake in July! Maybe we'll do the castle one. Hehehe. You are so talented. Who knew? J/K I love you.

Marilee said...

Heather its SOOOO cute!! I love it! How did you do the bow? What a talented and TRUE rock star mommmy you are!

Proud Momma said...

What is the bow made out of? gum? licorice? I love it and want to eat it right now!

Heather said...

For all you who are wondering the bow was supposed to be a Fruit By the Foot, but I could only find the Tatoo ones and so I found the YoGos Fruit Roll things. The dots are the Valentine M&M's.

Jeni said...

another gem! That was is sooo pretty!

Kendra said...

Freak you just posted this and you already have all kinds of comments! Very cute!! I love it. 2 cakes in the same month. You really are a good mom. LOL Miss you. Thanks for listening to me!

Christy said...

Bravo! JD is the one who makes cakes at our house and I am really really glad for that.

Julie said...

Wow! What a mom! A store bought fancy cake was about as good as it got around here! I am with you on the parties. I am glad that kid part of my life is in the past! Fun, but Chaotic! Love the cakes! Will you bug Kendra to get blogging!!?? I miss seeing the kids! So, I look at yours!

Kacey said...

Ok Miss Talented Super Rocker Mom...love your cake! AND impressed you're doing a party too. Malia is starting to get the "i want to have a birthday party" stage and I am dreading it! I hate little kid birthday parties so I think you are super quadruply awesome for throwing one (and brave too!).

Kendra said...

fancy smancy template! where did you get it? my blog nrrds a little TLC

Lindsay said...

That cake is very cute! I am actually going to attempt a castle cake for Madison's birthday, wish me luck!