Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Our Weekend in Denver





Tyler and I had a fun filled weekend in Denver at Marilee and Adam's house. It was so fantastic to get away and be almost kid free. I enjoyed being with my sister's and mom and the rest of the family. The reason we went you ask? Annie and Jackson were baptised and little adorable Reecey was blessed!



We left on Thursday afternoon and got to Denver around 9 pm. Granddad had landed earlier than us and then gone to rent a car, so he waited around to pick us up. After we landed I kept calling him and calling him, but his phone kept going right to voice mail. I was quite worried about how he would find us, but he eventually did and we figured out that something was wrong with his phone and that is why I couldn't reach him. He of course had turned on his phone and was waiting for my call.



Friday Marilee made me get up and go work out with her and her Trainer (she is so mean and cruel :)). It was 4:30 am in my time zone. What was I thinking? Anyway, we had a good work out and by the time we left I was already sore and it only got worse. By Saturday afternoon I could barely walk down the stairs. All in the name of fitness! I guess it was all worth it. The rest of the day we ran a few errands. Tyler went to Annie's School with Nana for lunch and the kids played. Then once Julie and TJ arrived we went to dinner with all the adults. Saturday was more errands and then the baptism. It was a wonderful baptism and we were all so proud of Jack and Annie! Sunday was Reecey's blessing which was also really nice!



Tyler and I arrived home very late on Sunday and although I have been very tired the last couple of days I really enjoyed seeing everyone. I was really feeling home sick for my family! Now we just need to figure out when we will next see the Empey Clan!


Thanks for a great weekend everyone! I love you all.








Marilee and I being fools! Greg and Mar Jane bought these silly glasses for Marilee's kids.






More pictures of Brady, Natalie, Reecey, Me and Tyler, Me and Julie and then I threw in the last one of Josh in his new suit. Nana found this on Sale at JCPenny's and it is so cute on him! The best thing is that it is washable - no joke.


So there you have it, a quick summary of my weekend away. I hope you all enjoyed it so much.

5 comments:

Kacey said...

Ok sounds like a fun little trip, especially with only one child! Nice.
So excited for Jackson and Annie's baptism. How fun they did it together.

P.S. Love your rainbow light up glasses...that's a cute pic and I LOVE that little suit on Joshy. I can't wait til Dallin can wear one of those.

Nicole said...

I love all the pics!- my mom gave me a play by play run down of the fun- it sounds like such a great weekend!!!! I'm sad we couldn't be there- and my kids are super sad!

Julie said...

You need to send me copies of your pics. I love the one of Ty and Jack and the one of smiley reecey in her bonnet! Miss you. :(

Marilee said...

Hey Heath,
I need copies of all your pictures! The ones of Brady, Natalie, Tyler, Jack and Reecey in her blessing dress are SOOOO adorable! Email them too me kay! (Oh yeah, the one of you and Julie is cute too!:-) Send me that one as well!
It was so fun having you! Come back soon!

Kendra said...

How fun. When I see you with both your sisters you all look so alike. I love Joshy's suit. Too darn cute!!