Thursday, November 08, 2007

All in a Day!

You know how some days you just wake up and feel off. Who knows why (although usually the culprit is PMS), but some days are just doomed from the get go. That was yesterday for me.

It all began when Josh woke up at 3:30 AM hollering for me to come and get him. Now that he is in the same room with Tyler I had to go in and see what was up. What was up was that he thought it was morning. No, really he tried to give me his soother and everything and was ready to rock-n-roll. I brought him into bed with me for 45 minutes and then tucked him back into his crib. Luckily he went back to sleep - that is until 6 am. Once again I brought him to bed, tucked a pillow next to him and went back to sleep. Once we were up and going all seemed to be going well, with all the changes Steve's company is making we thankfully were not affected in any major ways, the kids were all in good moods, I was fine despite the lack of sleep. Then it happened, something I have feared for a while. My flat iron broke! Suck, that is so crappy, how am I supposed to be hot like Posh with no flat iron. So, I thought I would head to Target and get a cheepy one to get by until I can find the one I want. I got Brooks and Josh all ready shoes on hair done and went into the garage pressed the button and NOTHING! Okay not totally nothing but it only went up an inch stopped and slipped back down. This my friends is a problem because yep, the car is stuck in the garage. Steve couldn't come home and rescue me, so we just hung out at home. After I had a little temper tantrum I partied with the fact that we were home bound for most of the day.

Wednesday at Ty's school is Early Release and it makes the day hard. Ty is done school at 1:45. With Steve unavailable and the car trapped I had no choice but to pull out the stroller grab Brookies bike and get moving. Of course, it wasn't that easy. Brookie's bike tire needed some air, so out comes the pump. I start going to work, but the pump is broken and not working so well. I did my best but the tire was still mostly flat! Oh well, we were out of time and so off we went for our walk to school. All was well, except poor Brooklynn was working double time, because of the tire, the training wheel was super loose and trying to fall off and it was quite warm and humid yesterday. When we get to the school Tyler's friend invited him over to play and so he didn't even walk home with us. Oh well, exercise did us some good.

By the time Steve got home I had figured out that the garage door wasn't working because of the Torsion spring, it had snapped in half. According to the internet it is not uncommon for this to happen. He opened the door up and we left it up and then noticed that there is a screw imbedded in one of the tires on my car. Lovely, just lovely, just pile it up!

So, lets recap shall we!

1. Joshy was up in the middle of the night
2. My flat iron broke
3. The garage door broke
4. Brookie had a flat bike tire
5. I had to walk to school to pick up Ty who went home with a friend
6. There is a screw imbedded in my tire.

There in nothing like a day full of events such as these. Fortunately except for me getting extremely upset with Brooklynn because she would not eat her dinner - again. The rest of the night was uneventful and the kids were all asleep by 8!

If there is something positive to pull out of this - I learned yesterday to put a smile on and just party with those things that are totally out of your control. Somedays you just have to play with the hand your dealt, even if it is totally crappy!

9 comments:

Kacey said...

You need to go to bed right now so you can wake up and start over.
;-) I suppose we must have days like this to make us more appreciative for the boring uneventful ones huh? Good for you for keeping a smile on your face. (I need to be more like you!)

Proud Momma said...

You are definitely a good sport...I remember having days like that and I just about freaked out...I think it's good for us sometimes to just let go and take the hand we're dealt...it makes us stronger!

Julie said...

I didn't hear about your tire! Uuugghhhhh! You know I feel ya dawg!

Elizabeth said...

Heather-
It was nice to hear from you on my blog! I was surprised to hear from you. Your family is adorable, it's fun to read all that you are up to!
Liz Shakespear

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad that you could party with your crappy day. There's really nothing else to do!

caligirl said...

I really think this is the worst day EVER!! You deserved as much cheese cake as you wanted!!!
Just think...next time you think you are having a bad day...just remember your Josh, flat iron, garage door, flat tire, walk to school, screw in your tire day and then it won't seem so bad:-)

Nicole said...

Amen! I'm sorry I wasn't there to help out! Thank goodness every day isn't like that!

Kendra said...

Heath,

Too funny I am laughing out loud. So sad to say your bad day makes for such a great laugh. It is all about how you write it up. So Heatheresque.

shannon said...

oh my gosh...don't you just love days like that! please tell me you had a diet coke in the midst of all the crap that landed on you!