Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Project!

Steve and I have an old dresser that I had stashed in the garage waiting for when we moved Noah upstairs to share a room with Josh. We are in the process of converting the extra room downstairs into a guestroom and I decided the dresser would be perfect for the space. The only problem.....it was ugly, really old and dated and ugly.

What I started with!

 So after 'pinning' all kinds of information about refinishing a dresser.  And consulting over and over and over again with my girl Kari who has refinished some really awesome pieces, I decided that it was something that I could do.  Besides I recoverd my piano bench and it turned out great, so why not.  Steve thought I was a bit crazy, but I went for it! 

I used a liquid sander to get it all cleaned up.  Gave it 2 good coats of primer, 2 coats of paint, and then I distressed my own self with some sandpaper and some stain and then finished the top with some rub on poly.  I was really nervous and asked some of my friends for opinions along the way. 

This was almost done, just needed the poly and the handles.

My finished prduct!  I think it turned out perfect!  It is a really big dresser, but I think it will be great and besides it looks so much better than it did before!  Steve said it looked great and he was skeptical about me painting it white! 


No comments: