Friday, September 10, 2010

The Birthday Bash!

As a Mother I do ok, but there are some things that I completely deserve the 'Worst Mom in the World' award for - One would be potty training, I hate it and it makes me mad and frustrated and that translates into grumpy mom and sad kid.  Thank Heavens I am not there yet.... TWO - I am awful about birthday parties.  I don't like to plan them, I definitely don't like to PAY for them and basically I just would rather keep it small and easy and intimate.  This doesn't go over so well for my kids.  I try in everyway to make the day special for them and I LOVE to torture ;-) them and make them wait ALL day to open their presents, but the big party thing is not for me. 

Why do I tell you all this?????

Well, for Noah's birthday we had a HUGE party, it included Me, Steve, Ty, Brookie and Tater.  HaHa.  Like I said I keep it simple.  I made something for dinner that included one of Noah's favortie things to eat - Beans in this case it was Pinto beans.  We opened presents, Grandma and Nana had even sent stuff for Noah. and then we had cake which my wonderful friend Emily made. The cake was soooo very cute.  That's it.  No big party with friends and clowns and ponies and all that stuff and it was Perfectly Perfect! 


My cutie on his big day.  I love those teeth!


Our Self Portrait




The Presents




The way so super cute Cake! 





He loved his cake and while I took the tray away he kept grabbing handfuls to shove in his mouth.

4 comments:

Kacey said...

Oh girl, we are exactly on the same page when it comes to birthday parties! My rule is no parties until they turn 5...if I'm gonna go to all that work I want them old enough to remember.
I didn't even make a cake for Dallin's 1st birthday...we ate hostess cupcakes. Ya, try to beat that in the lame department;)

Proud Momma said...

OH Heather, we are so alike! I am also the worst mom at potty training because I despise it and I also hate birthday parties including children...love intimate with just the family...I'm kind of not looking forward to Brayden's coming up in November...he's talking glow in the dark mini putt...um...we'll see!

Nicole said...

Hate the potty training, but sort of love the birthdays- it really depends on the year...I love Noah's cake though- super cute!

Amy said...

Love the cake mess for 1st birthdays!!