Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Vacation #5 - The Rest

The Rest of our Canadian Vacation Went like this -

Tuesday - We took the kids to Farmont Hot Springs.  The big kids just jumped off the diving boards the whole time. Over and over and over again.  Some of them even started trying to do flips and stuff.
This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole week.  So cute!

I just had to throw this in because he is perfectly cute!
Wednesday - Boat Day - we spent the day on the water.  Early in the morning I went for a run and noticed how beautiful and glassy the water was I was holding out it would be good by the time we got to the lake.  Let me just say IT WAS!  I called first dibs on Water Skiing and so we loaded up the Party Boat with the kids and Mom and Steve the rest of us including Dad, TJ and me and my sista's went out to ski.  It was beautiful and perfect and I LOVED IT!  Oh, how I love to water ski.  After us girls and even Granddad went skiing, we took turns getting the kids out on skiis with the new ski trainer we bought.  They all had a turn, except for the bigger kids who had to do it the old fashioned way.  For the most part everyone had success.  Brady and Logan wouldn't quit - they absolutely loved it.  On Brady's last turn for the day the water had gotten choppy and he hit a good wave and got some air.  It didn't phase him, he just loved it! 
Me, getting my ski on.
Marilee gettin her ski on!
Julie's ski
Grandad - he still has it people!

Ty with the Party 'Banana' Boat bringing up the rear

Tater wouldn't stand up, but he gave the ski trainer a go at least.  Of course he ACTED like he didn't like it.
Annie girl. Up on the REAL skiis, she did great.

JB - He got up and rocked it.  He wasn't up long, but still had success!
Brooklynn love this although she was a little nervous to give it a try.
Thursday - 6 of us were sick or recovering from the Stomach Bug that Caitlyn had earlier in the week. 

Friday  - we packed up and got ready to head for home.  I still was not feeling great from my stomach bug, but still got the laundry done and everything ready for the long drive back to Idaho and then home. 

All in all, it was a wonderful trip!  We had so much fun and loved breathing the clean, crisp air, enjoyed the beautiful surroundings and loved being with our family.  It is always sad to head home after such a fun time!  But head home we must - so on Saturday morning we hit the road. 

1 comment:

Marilee said...

Such fun even though everyone got the flu! And I think it was Logan who got air off the choppy water! He kept doing it over and over! LOL! Crazy kid!