Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vacation #2 - OH CANADA - here we come

I love Canada - I guess that is to be expected because it is where I hail from.  Anyhow, we embarked on our journey on Friday July 16th.  We had the extreme pleasure of having TJ drive with us since Julie left the day before us with Marilee.  Let me just say, Uncle TJ was a HUGE help in entertaining my kids and making them laugh.  He also bought Steve the biggest Ice Cream Cone Ever..... No Really, I wish that I took a picture of the thing, it was that BIG.  Big Baby also enjoyed that Chocolate Ice Cream Cone and after we started covering his soother in ice cream and popping it in his mouth - he decided he was definitely a fan of the stuff.  After the first few tastes he figured out it was super yummy and he would eat the ice cream take his binky out of his mouth and throw it at me for more!

The drive was long and after a few unexpected stops - we won't mention for what - lots of Elk and deer sightings, some commical road signs and some cloud watching in the fading light, we finally made it to the cabin in beautiful Invermere British Columbia.  It was late, very late and we all tucked into bed.

On our first Day in the Great White North, the Men hit the Golf Course Early and we hung out around the house.  Once the men arrived home, we started prepping for an after noon on the boat and some time spent with the Fraser/Miller/Andrews Families. The kids of course had a blast with their cousins.  I had fun meeting Penny, seeing what a dare devil Campbell is and seeing very little of Chris and Julie's kids because they were too busy playing with the rest of the crew. 

Day one also brought Reecey's 3rd Birthday Celebration.  She is adorable and I love her.  It couldn't have been better. 

The Cabin is now and will forever be one of my most FAVORTIE places.  The memories we have there over the last 22 years are some of my favorite and always bring a smile to my face.  Despite the fact that if someone flushes the toilet while you are in the shower you get scaled, it is perfect and in the one of the most beautiful places in the world.  It is home without having to worry about a schedule or the bills or any of that stuff in Life that gets in the way.  It was good to be HOME!


Campbell - she is so adorable!
Ty and Annie

Wow - He sure is HOT!

Big Baby Chillin with Nana

The Birthday Girl with Fraser

Julie, Kelly, Marilee and Jenny - I'm not sure how Julie and I missed out on this one! 

G-Man holding Penny - She is so cute! G actually fell asleep holding her.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So fun - I LOVE the cabin too. Hopefully we will get to go another time or two before they sell it!!

Amy said...

fun!!