Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wow!

Wow, the time is just flying by and I just don't seem to keep up on anything these days.  Adding one more little person to our family has really added 10 times the things to do.  I can't really put my finger on why that is, but maybe it is also because the kids are just getting older and busier.  Here are the top 6 things we have been up to lately.

#1 - Being mommy, house keeper, taxi driver, school project helper, homework supervisor, chef, exerciser, and trying to get back into pre-baby form.  All this while trying to stay sane, get all my home movies onto DVD's and get caught up on my picture books, not to mention doing all the things that my little ones at home need too. 

#2 - Tater is in swimming lessons.  He goes once a week and loves it and when I say loves I mean LOVES.  He is a fish and getting better and better in the water.  He is fun to watch and waits all week for the day of swimming lessons.  He also informed us that Shushi has fish in it.  HaHa, I love him

#3 - School.  Not for me, but the kids.  They are both doing well.  We have had a few struggles and the usual homework drama, but it is fun to see them learning.  Especially Miss Brookie K because she is so enthusiastic about it all. 

#4 - Basketball.  Tyler has been playing basketball and just started another round of it last week.  He is really starting to figure it out and loves to play.  He Steve are often out front playing lightening or horse or some other game.  On Saturday Ty's friend was over and Steve told them that they would play 2 on 1 and if they beat him he would give them each $100.  They didn't win, but boy did they ever give it their best.

#5 - I am trying to figure out what to put Brooklynn in.  I actually had a notice come home about Girl Scouts so I was considering giving that a whirl.  We'll see what I can find for her.  It is hard because none of her little friends live super close so having someone come over takes driving and with an afternoon napping little baby she hasn't had much girl time. 

#6 - Trying to enjoy the weather.  It is so beautiful right now and before it gets unbearably hot I am really trying to take advantage and enjoy the weather.  Josh and I have been on some good walk/rides.  I walk and he rides his bike.  I am trying to do this more and more with him because he really loves it! 

Anyway, I think that is it for now.  On and on and on it goes. 

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Marin has loved Brownies (girl scouts). It is very fun and she has made lots of great friends... it is hard to add yet one more place to have to take kids,but I always feel like they should each have a chance to do new things- the never ending dilemma at our house- when id enough enough?

Lindsay said...

I loved girl scouts when I was little, so that might be a good option. I feel like I am busy most of the time and I have half as many kids as you, no wonder you are constantly busy!