Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sick and Tired of being Sick!

Since we arrived home from our most fantastic Christmas Break we have all been sick in one form or another.  I realize this is probably in part because I prayed so hard before and during Christmas that we wouldn't get sick while we were gone.  Thankfully we didn't, but now it seems as if it has all built up and someone has been sick since we got home. 

First, most of us got the 24 hour flu stuff.  It wasn't nice or pretty, but you know we dealt and got through it ok. 
Next I got mastitis only 2 days after the 24 hour stuff.  It knocked me out and it took me almost a week to get my energy back. 
Then Brookie got a random fever and felt icky last weekend for about 12 hours.  Super random, but I am glad it didn't last long. 
Now this weekend it is the little boys turn.  Josh and Noah both started with fevers on Friday, it carried on into Saturday.  Last night I was up with Noah for half the night.  Today Josh's fever seems to be gone, we'll see how he is tomorrow.  For Noah I was convinced when he was up last night that it was Ear Infections, add a fever and complete fussiness and it seemed like that is exactly what it was.  Seeing as I have some experience with Ear Infections, I was certain I was right.  I took him over to a friends tonight (he is a pediatrician) and his ears were clear. I am baffled and can't figure out what the heck is wrong with my poor little man, but he is super duper sad and crying and just not himself. 

I am convinced we have now had our turn with the sickies.  As January comes to an end this week, I hope all our illnesses come to an end as well because in truth I am sick and tired of being SICK. 

2 comments:

Marilee said...

I'm so sorry you guys have all been sick so much! I'm sure our turn will be coming up here pretty quick as I too have been praying that we could all be healthy. I started before Thanksgiving for our trip to Georgia, then for our move, then for Christmas and now til we get into our house! Hopefully everyone will hold out!
Maybe Noah is starting to teeth??? He's 4 1/2 months and that's usually when my kids start getting symptoms of it even though the tooth doesn't usually pop through for a few more weeks or months. Anywho, I hope he feels better soon!

Kacey said...

Oh miserable! That is when it is the hardest time to be a mom...trying to take care of sick kids when you are probably just as exhausted! The faster January ends the better! Hope you all feel better soon!!