Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pregnancy Update!

I AM STILL PREGNANT! This is big news for us and we are so grateful for it. I have now officially made it past when my little Tater was born. In fact we have passed it by a week and a few days. I was never really worried that I wouldn't, but oh so grateful I did.

As for the rest, let's see. I give myself three shots of insulin a day. It has definitely helped keep my sugars 'normal.' I think it gets harder and harder the more shots I give myself. The first one wasn't so bad, now I have a little hesitation. The great thing about being on a strict diet is that I am not gaining as much weight as I would have other wise. I can't complain about that, hopefully it makes getting it off easier!

I am now on official bed rest. I don't have to lie flat or anything, but I have to kick back and relax all day. I am allowed to shower and make some food and stuff like that, but I am mostly just hanging out at home or at one of my many Dr's Appointments. My mom being here has made this so much easier on me and on Steve. She is my angel right now. I could not have done it without her. She is the best and I am grateful she is willing to live with us, in our not so big house and help! I am also so grateful for my Dad and his willingness to be without Mom for who knows how long! LOVES to you both!

I have to monitor my blood pressure and keep a log of that. My Dr. is super conservative and takes all precautions for which I am most grateful. So along with that I have now started Non-stress tests, twice a week. I also went for another ultra sound last week. It was fun to see the baby, but he is already in big trouble because he is right side up (breech). Yes, that is right, to top off all the other issues, I may end up with a c-section if he doesn't turn. I have a constant prayer in my heart that he will turn and hopefully soon.

Other than that I am good. I am tired, but I am happy and excited that this pregnancy is getting closer to the end.

Most of all I am getting excited to meet this little man and find out what he is all about!

3 comments:

Marilee said...

Turn Baby Turn!!!!

Jen said...

Oh the joys of a diabetic pregnancy. I remember those numerous ultrasounds & bi-weekly stress tests. Glad your doctor is watching you closely. My diabetes wasn't monitored much with Gracie, and I ended up with an almost 12lb baby, who was also breech.... because she got too big before it was time to turn. Hopefully this won't be the case for your little one. Wishing you the absolute best! Can't wait to see pictures. Take care & tell your mother hello from Fat Jen.

Proud Momma said...

that would be so hard for me to be on bed rest but thank heavens for your mom! Is she there until the baby is born? Wowsers...my Dad would cry! Your kids were super cute on the first day of school!