Friday, August 28, 2009

Ready, Set, Go!

Well not totally go, but after the Baby Shower my wonderful and helpful and amazing and giving and incredible friends give me tomorrow, then we can go. And hopefully soon.

I do believe I am all ready. I have been mostly ready for weeks, but today the finishing touches finally came together. I am so excited and nervous!

I have been asked by many people, "What are you doing with your nursery?" That is a tricky one. I don't really have a 'nursery' - simply because our space is limited. This little man will eventually have to share his domain with his sister. It is not ideal, but the 'boys' room just is not big enough for 3. So, I have done my best, with the opinions of the mom and sista's to make it a good combo of both girly and boyish.

We'll start with Brooklynn's 'side. She was able to get some new bedding that while very girly, it has all the essential colors needed to go with something for the boy. It is super adorable and will be perfect for someday when she has her own room and it will also grow with her.

Now for the baby's side. In June I ordered some perfectly adorable and very boyish bedding. It was set to arrive at the beginning of July, I was then informed it wouldn't ship until mid August. 'No biggie' I thought that is still plenty of time. Well August came and I was emailed again that the bedding was backordered and I wouldn't get it until OCTOBER! Are you kidding me? So the hunt for the perfect bedding began again. I wanted something simple, but definitely boy, I wanted both blue's and green's. You know how you have a picture in your mind. After hours of both me and my mom searching the internet, I finally found it! It arrived today and it is exactly what I was looking for. You really can't go wrong with Argyle and Stripes, can you?

I also had to post a picture of my diaper bag. This arrived earlier in the week and I absolutely love it! It is quite large, but not too big. It is durable and has all kinds of great pockets (I love pockets!) for Momma, baby and Tater stuff!
And finally the Car Seat! I ordered this carseat cover and even picked the fabric I wanted. I was all excited to attempt to make one myself, but after searching in vain for the perfect fabric I opted this was just as good. I just love it!


Now all we need is baby - After he turns that is! I am now accepting that a C-section is possible, but I am ever hopeful that I can encourage this baby to turn, we still have time! I have searched the internet and have found some ideas to help encourage this little man to get with the program, so I'll let you know how they turn out. Some of them are most interesting!

5 comments:

Kacey said...

Cute Heather....love the boy's bedding you choose! Where did you get your diaper bag?? Love it!

I hope your little guy turns for you in time. I'll keep praying for you!

Proud Momma said...

Very cute make overs Heather! Hopefully he shows his face soon and good luck!

Amy said...

Cute, cute baby stuff!!

SO...I have to say that having a c-section wasn't as horrible as I had been told....I don't have anything else to compare it to...but DON"T WORRY too much...just think of the pain moving from your crotch to your lower belly!! Take it easy, get up and walk around as much as you can while in the hospital and the first time on the loo...just relax and breath out...that catheter does a number on the bladder muscle and makes you feel like you forgot how to...you know..pee!!

LOVE you! Can't wait to hear this baby has arrived!!!

Marilee said...

Love it ALL! Brookie's bedding is ADORABLE, wherever did you find it!? And I LOVE the babies bedding too! It is perfect and totally goes with Brooklynn's bed! CarSeat cover, fabulous! And last but not least, I hear standing on your head can get a baby to turn! Have a tried that yet? If not, when you do I want to see pics! :-) Hee Hee!
PS-My friend Tamara's little guy was breech up until 3 weeks before. He finally turned so don't lose hope! That little munchkin will turn! LOVE YOU!!

Julie said...

Love love love it all! Brookies bedding is FANTASTIC!!!!! Love it! And the baby's bedding and carseat cover are both adorable. I love you! Hang in there!