Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School - Yipee!

I cannot lie - I am thrilled the kids are back to school. There are a number of reasons for this.
#1 - They were ready and the arguing was about as much as I could handle
#2 - This means a regular schedule and I was ready for that. Especially in preparation for baby
#3 - That means that the end of pregnancy is ever closer!

The night before both of these two were most excited, even though Ty tried to play it cool and say he didn't care. It was most evident that wasn't the case when he asked Steve to turn on some music so he could DANCE! HaHa - too funny! Brooklynn got her classic upset stomach, which is much like me as a child. Nerves for me meant an upset tummy and it is the same for her!

When I woke up yesterday, I could hear them up. Ty was in the shower already and Brooklynn was dressed and ready to go. After some finishing touches in their lunches, some breakfast, family prayer and much anticipation it was time to go. I took some pictures in the back yard and then Steve took them to School. Daddy wasn't able to go and wait and make sure Brookie found the right place to go - So her wonderful big brother took good care of her and showed her the ropes - where to line up and all that stuff. He even found her at recesses to see if she wanted to play. He is such a sweetie! By all accounts the first day was successful!

Brookie has a wonderful teacher and was excited to have the same one that Ty had for 1st grade. Tyler's teacher is a mystery. I had never heard of her, but I am excited for him and anxious to meet his teacher!
My beautiful/handsome kids!

Ready for 3rd Grade!




My big girl already for 1st grade! This girl LOVES school!



3 comments:

Kendra said...

Holy Cow they are soooooo big. It has been too long. I miss you guys! So glad first day went well and that little Joshy so darn cute! Squeeze him for me!

Marilee said...

Oh they are SOOOOO cute and SOOOOOO grown up! What a good brother Tyler is to find his little sis on the playground! Seriously made me cry!

Amy said...

So cute! Happy School Days!!!