Sunday, July 19, 2009

Vacation Part 3 - Fourth of July

After our time in Bear Lake and to make our long trek from home worth it, we headed back down south to Julie and TJ's house. It was going to be another family reunion of sorts with everyone there except for my parents and Marilee. Adam braved bringing the kids on his own and left a sad lonely and very preggo Mar behind. We missed having her with us, but were happy we got to enjoy time with Adam and the kids.

We arrived at Julie's on Wednesday and just hung out and relaxed. Natalie had been in the hospital and had surgery the night before because she broke her elbow the night before. She was a trooper and had a pretty good day, despite her discomfort because of all the flowers and cookies and letters she recieved all day. She was very brave and Brooklynn was glad to be there to help her and do what she does best - Mother.

Thursday Julie and I braved taking the kids to Boondocks. When I say braved, I mean it was me and Julie with 11 children ranging in age from age 11 to almost 2. Not to mention little miss Natalie who was in a cast from wrist to arm pit. It was quite an adventure and I am glad to say that we didn't lose anyone. Everyone got a prize with the tickets they won and we didn't get rained on while trying to do the outdoor activities. We were also lucky enough to run into Misty and her kiddos. They were staying at her in-laws, who happen to live right around the corner from Julie. Anyway, it was fun to see them and I was most grateful to Justin who helped me out and took Brookie on the bumper boats!

The mini golfing crew

Justin and Brookie

Tyler and Logan on the bumper boats



On Friday we hung around all day and then in the evening after the Miller crew arrived we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. I am sure I spelled that all wrong, but oh well. It was enjoyable, but it took a very, very long time. The temple was beautiful and I think the kids thought it was pretty cool, but by the end Steve and I were done. I thank the sweet worker who stopped me and suggested that we take the elevator because of all the stairs. I don't think Steve or I would have made it. We were quite the pair.

Natalie, Marin and Brookie


Me and my silly brother.


Julie snapped this cute one of our girls in their matching PJ's.

The fourth of July brought with it some great fun. Although not sure that we would even be there for it, Julie convinced all of us to get tickets to Stadium of Fire, with the Jonas Brothers. Oh yes people, we went and had a great time. Not only did we go to the show, but Julie had the great idea to go down early to Tailgate! So that is what we did. With 16 kids, plus Julie's babysitter and her younger sister, and 7 adults we parked it and ate some dinner! It was fantastic and saved us from battling traffic and worrying about getting there in time and finding parking. After a great meal and some fun visiting, we headed into the stadium. We split up in order for the cousins to each have a buddy. Steve, Adam, TJ, Ty, Jack, Brady, Garett and Logan sat in one area. Ryan, Nic, Amber, Annie, Justin, Spencer, Ben and Grace sat together. And the Julie, Me, Natalie, Reece, Brooklynn, Josh and Kirsten and her sister headed to the last group of seats. As far as I know everyone, including our little 2 year olds had a great time. I even got reports that Tyler and Jack were belting out the tunes and totally groovin! I think the winner for the party animal of the night was Reece - SHE LOVED IT! She danced and sung the whole show! The show really was fantastic and I'm glad JuJu talked us all into it. This was one of the best July 4th's ever!

Julie's traditional, but tedious, flag brownies

Spencer and Brookie


Cousins Grace and Reece

Brookie, Annie, Natalie and Marin


Waiting for the Jonas Brothers

Reece who loved the show soooo much!
That brings our vacation run down to an end. We chilled all day Sunday and then trekked back home on Monday. While it is always good to be home, I hate being so far away from all those that I love. I am blessed to have a great family that I love to be with. And that goes for both the Empey and Miller sides! LOVES to you all!!!

1 comment:

Dave, Trista, and Amani said...

I am so sad we missed the reunion! Everyone is growing up so fast. Looks like you had a blast on your trip. How is Steve's ankle? Does he have to have surgery? I miss you and hope you are well! Love ya!