Tuesday, December 16, 2008

THE GIRLS TRIP

FABULOUS! That is really the only way to describe my week in Hawaii with my beautiful sisters, sis-in-law and my mom! Hawaii for a week with just the girls, really people what more can you ask for?

Nicole and I flew over to Oahu together and we were greeted by Marilee, Julie and Mom. They bought us some beautiful Lei's. Let's just say that being on a plane with no children is quite enjoyable.
I'll give you a run down of the week.

Wake up
Go workout or not
Possibly go to the spa
Eat
Get ready and head to the pool/beach ( mostly pool)
Sit by the pool and read books all day
Go for a swim
Order a lava flow (virgin of course)
Get ready for the evening, go to dinner, go shopping, see a movie

Do it all over the next day!

That is it - a complete week of relaxation and rest. We were even able to go the Temple, see some massive waves on the North Shore and some surfing, go diving for pearls (and I don't mean scuba diving) and act like complete idiots.

We laughed, we cried (when we left that it), and just enjoyed being sisters and mom.

On the home front my spectacular hubby, took care of the kids, the house, the homework, the laundry, some cleaning and even managed to get in a few hours of work everyday. He did a wonderful job as Mom and Dad and quite frankly I was impressed! I also have to say that my friends who were able to help out with some child care duties are the best!

MOM, THANK YOU! Of course none of it was possible without you and it wouldn't have been as fun without you either.
My only question is WHEN DO WE GET TO DO IT AGAIN?

9 comments:

Christy said...

Well I am just a tiny bit jealous. Looks like fun!

Kendra said...

Jealous!! I can't think of anything more cool than hanging out with great mom and sisters with no kids and nothing but freedom!!!!

Nicole said...

It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the lame face pic of Julie- she's crazy! :)

Kacey said...

As I look out my window at the howling winds and huge snowflakes coming down...these pictures are really making me wish I was in Hawaii. RIGHT. NOW. I'm glad you had fun on your girl's trip!!

(oh and we got your card today in the mail. SO cute...the first thing I saw when I pulled it out of the envelope was Joshua's stubborn face and arms crossed. Totally made me laugh! I love pictures with personality like that!)

Kacey said...

This says 0 comments but I swear I sent a comment for this one...did it not go through? I'm having serious issues with that happening to me lately.

Julie said...

miss you, love you!

Kat said...

Wow! Sounds like you had so much fun. :) A girls get-away would be a blast. You are going to be completely tan for Christmas. LOL

Leslierush said...

I want to go to there.

Amber said...

Wow looks and sounds amazing! That is exactly how I like to vacation. None of this cruise stuff. I learned that a cruise is not for me. To many time restraints, schedules to keep!