Monday, July 02, 2007

Going, Going, and really truely totally and completely GONE!!!!

Brookie had a most traumatic morning today, but thankfully she didn't know it would be quite so traumatic! As many of you know when she was around 18 months, she slammed her face on our tile floor in the middle of a tantrum and chipped her two front teeth. She slammed the same teeth into my cedar chest last October and bit through her lip and then a couple months ago she sneezed whilst putting her dishes into the sink and slammed them into the counter. Yikes, I know it makes you cringed doesn't it? Well, the last blast to the teeth finally did in not only one, but both of her front teeth. Before we left for Utah/Idaho last week I took her to our Dentist and yep, sure enough both teeth were abcessing. Sad - they were going to have to come out. Due to the scheduled family pictures, we decided to wait until after we got home to pull them.

So, first thing this morning Brookie and I headed to the Dentist. It was so sad to sit in the corner and watch, but I was very brave and although I really wanted to, I didn't cry! I think the worst part was of course the needle, but she didn't know it was a needle. Dr. Grant was so fantastic with her. Then once he went to pull them, that really put her in tears. All the pressuer and stuff is so hard to understand pressure and all that stuff when you are only 4. She was super duper brave and although she really hates the way her nose and lip feels, my Brookie is a trooper. I'm sure I will have a good cry later today because her teeth are gone and although they were scraggle teeth, they were teeth.

Enjoy the pictures!

5 comments:

Julie said...

She is and always will be beautiful...even with 2 big gaping holes. You can tell she's still frozen in those pictures so you'll have to take some more after the freezing wears off. Tell her we're proud of her for being so brave, and even though I said this already, I'll say it again...the tooth fairy had better be bringing her lots of dollars!

Kendra said...

Brookie, we love you! You look cute without any front teeth. I wish I was there to give you a hug!

Lindsay said...

What a brave girl! You too Heather! I totally would have cried. But she's still so cute!

Marilee said...

Heather and Brookie, you are both so brave!! Good job for not crying Heath! I almost did as I read your blog! Funny how in probably only a year or so from now, you'd be cheering when her teeth came out, but cause they had to be pulled you feel like crying!!! She looks soooo cute and before you know it her big Miller/Scadlock teeth will grow in to take up their permanent position. Just don't let her bonk those teeth :-) PS-you'll be surprised how quickly you'll get used to her cute little space! Give her a big smoochie from Auntie MiMi!! Love You!

Nicole said...

At least it wasn't all four I guess! I feel her pain!!! It's ok though- mine finally grew back in and I even learned to eat apples with my bottom teeth! :) Way to be brave both of you!