Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Things I LOVE!

I was inspired to post the things I love most about my kids today, thanks to my friend Melissa! So here it goes.

1. I love it when Josh say "DADA" with as much excitement as his little person can muster. "MAMA" on the other hand seems to be more of a whiney and complaining tone.

2. I love Brooklynn trying to figure out and remember to say her L's, it is a real challenge, but slowly she is getting it!

3. I totally love Tyler's passion for swimming, the kid goes non-stop in the pool.

4. I love when Joshy mimics what I do, for instance, when I blink my eyes at him and he does it back, but when he does it, he scrunches up his nose.

5. I love Brooklynn's energy, she can run circles around all of us and is constantly jumping around.

6. I love it when Tyler is the 'big' brother, and is so concerned and worried about his little brother and sister.

7. I love that Josh LOVES and I mean LOVES to be outside, no matter how hot it is. He wants to go go go all the time.

8. I love when Brooks decides she is going to use a new word, like last week, when she told us, "My lips don't feel so funky anymore!"

9. I love to listen to Tyler read! He is so cute and trys so hard to figure out all the words.

10. I love the grin Josh gets when Daddy and Tyler play catch with him. There is nothing greater it the world than a ball and hanging out with Dad all wrapped into one.

11. I love to listen to Brooklynn play, she has an amazing imagination and it is fantastic to eaves drop on her.

12. I love how my Tyler will still give snuggles. Even though he is almost too big to sit on my lap he still has to have a good snuggles once in a while and I wouldn't miss it. I keep telling him that he is getting to big and I will have to sit on his lap soon.

I guess that is all. I just really love my kids, they are amazing and so wonderful. I think sometimes I forget how wonderful they are and get worried about all the trivial stuff. I am so grateful for them and the fun and joy they bring both Steve and me!

8 comments:

Julie said...

That's a good post. I may do the same thing one of these days. I was thinking just the other day how I need to capitilize on the fact that my kids want to go to movies with us, and play games with us and hang out with us because in a few years they'll steer as far away from us as possible because we'll be nerdy parents!

Lindsay said...

Very cute! It's so great to sit back and think about all the things we love about our kids because I think too often we focus on the negative. Good job!

Marilee said...

Great post Heath! I may copy you with one of my own! Just the other day I was looking at Spencer and how grown up his is and thought how unbelievable that this little man who has his own thoughts, opinions, feelings, hopes and dreams, was once so completely dependant upon me! Now he can play for hours and not even say my name! They certainly grow fast don't they! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy them more!

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather,
I'm am fairly upset at the fact that I was not mentioned as one of the things that you love. It upsets me greatly that I was not thought of in your blog.

I hate your stinking guts!!!!
Love always and forever,
Jason

Kendra said...

I love this post Heather. It is a great idea. It sounds like the kids are loving the summer. Miss you guys!

Julie said...

Heather, I am still going to check your blog.....I don't even know you but I feel like I do from reading it! Some day maybe you ane Kendra can be in Highlands Ranch visiting at the same time! We need to make that happen!
We miss them so much!

Julie (Dockstader) Skalla--J.D.'s favorite sister :)

Nicole said...

I love all those things! How cute!

Erin said...

That was so sweet! I can't wait to be a mom & have those types of things to look forward to. (Hope you don't mind me just randomly commenting on your blog!)