Friday, April 27, 2012

What we've been up to all winter.....

We have been busy all winter and that is continuing into our spring.  In the interest of just simply trying to catch up on blogging. Here it is in a few pictures!
 Let's be honest, this guy is just awesome and although he is spoiled by all of us, he can sure bring a smile to the face!

 This beautiful lady was honored at school as one of the monthly Heros.  Every month different kids are given an award for displaying the value for the month - I can't for the life of me remember what Brooklynn displayed but I know it was Honestly or Integrity.  (that's what happens when i don't blog, I forget!)
There was a lot of kisses given to these adorable cheeks, I just can't resist and I have to get them in while I can.   
 Grandpa drove all the way from Idaho for a visit and as always we loved having him.  He played games, read stories and gave 2 minute loves to all the kids! 
 He just was so handsome......
 I started trying to check off a few of my things I wanted to get done around the house.  I started with recovering the 30 year old piano bench.  Kari gave me a few pointers and helped me pick fabric by text and then I went to work.  I loved doing it and I LOVED how it turned out!  So much better than the old torn pleather top!
 My sweet adorable baby moved into a new room and into a BIG BOY bed.  I didn't want to move him, but he wasn't sleeping as well and was really getting to big for his bed.  The transition was great and he loves sleeping in "Doshua's" room. 
During spring break we went to a park for a cookout and campfire. It was great fun and nice to hang out with friends and get to know some people better.  
This handsome kid had a great winter playing basketball, now that it has wrapped up he has taken a break and is trying to get in a lot of Golf time! 


Overall we have been happy and busy.  Steve and I committed in January to get back onto a good workout schedule, it has been great and I have workout 4 or 5 times a week since then.  I also was busy for a couple of months with Physical Therapy on my knee.  I have had increasing pain while running and I am now to the point where I can't run more than 1 1/2 miles.  Although the PT didn't make my knee all the way better, it is tracking better and it did wonders for toning my legs!  I have committed to be more active and involved with the kids and have also loved my new bike.  I have been on rides with the kids and we even rode to school the other day. 



No comments: