Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Brooklynn's Birthday!

Although it has been 3 months, I must back track and talk about my beautiful girls birthday!  I can't believe how grown up she is getting!  We had a wonderful birthday celebration at home with just us.  We did cake and gifts and all that fun stuff.  Then instead of a party I surprised her and took her and her BFF Sydney and my friend and Syd's mom Amy to the American Girl Cafe.  Amy and I kidnapped the girls dolls and then surprised them.  It was so much fun, the brunch food was yummy!  And the girls had a good time shopping in the store after. 

I really am blessed to have her as my girl!  She is not only beautiful, but so smart and super funny!  She puts up with more than her share of grief from the boys around here and is such a good sport about it! She is also learning how to dish it out!  She has had a great year so far in school and has been on the JV Jump Rope Team at school, she has spent many hours mastering the skills she needs to be on the Varsity Rockin Ropers team and we found out last week that she made it!  It is a big committment, but she will get to perform at highschools and college basketball games in our area next year!  I am super proud of her and her drive to get it perfect!  Soccer has also been keeping her busy and she just committed to play with a group of girls year round.  I was a little hesitant to committ, but she wanted to keep playing and so we will see how she does refining her soccer skills!  Piano also keeps her busy and she is learning so quickly. 

In honor of my little Lady, here are my top 9 reasons Brookie is so special.
1.  She is my only little girl - that is extra special around here
2.  She is the best big sister to Noah and plays endlessly with him and feeds him and gets him snacks and drinks and toys when he asks her. 
3.  She is so, so thoughtful and alway writes us notes to tell us she loves us.
4.  She takes care of all of us and often makes Ty a lunch in the morning when he is having a hard time coming out of the sleepy fog!
5.  She is a loyal and super considerate friend.
6.  She asks millions of questions, she always has a question about everything and although at times it makes me a little crazy, I Love how inquisitive she is.
7.  She is always willing to help around the house. 
8.  She is smart and LOVES school.  (she may have gotten a little of that from me)
9.  She has the best sense of humor and often surprises us with it. 


Brookie I am one lucky Mom to have you!  LOVE YOU!

 

No comments: